2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Stereo Upgrade, rockford system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pistoltpete

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 14:03    Post subject: Stereo Upgrade, rockford system Reply with quote

hi all
I have 2007 elegance. It has the rockford fosgate (sp?) stereo system which sounds mega..
But the sat nav is pretty terrible, and all my music is on my phone

So it came with a bluetooth parrot system, which again is pretty pants!! it inturrupts the normal stereo signal.. anyway i want to bin it all off and just get a mordern stereo with android play.

So..1.. do i need a facia plate?
2) wiring harness. it has a parrot harness but this does not power up the amp i still the the original stereo on.
So. has anyone done this? do you know what wiring harness i need or where to get it?
can i use the original reversing camera or will i need to replace that too

thanks
Pete
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 14:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, this system has a hard drive and you can download your music onto this by putting a CD in or plugging in an MP3 player, you can often get the correct lead to connect your phone directly to the input jack to download it onto your hard drive.
RogerStenning

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
Pete, this system has a hard drive and you can download your music onto this by putting a CD in or plugging in an MP3 player, you can often get the correct lead to connect your phone directly to the input jack to download it onto your hard drive.

I've got an '07 Platinum with the Rockford installed, but there is no aux input or USB lead for it. Is this an aftermarket add-on? If so, where from?
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you press the OPEN button on the lower left hand side and the unit opens, the jack is there on the very edge of the flanged section and you plug in there, to use other devices you use an USB to MP3 jack.
RogerStenning

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
No, you press the OPEN button on the lower left hand side and the unit opens, the jack is there on the very edge of the flanged section and you plug in there, to use other devices you use an USB to MP3 jack.

Hmm. Interesting. I'll have a look. Thanks.
nottmbantam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,
Just jumping onto this thread. I'm about to take the plunge and invest in a 2016 GLS Model ( Petrol, 3.8 V6) . This is a Gulf Spec model ( I'm currently here in Middle East). THis is not the Sat Nav model, but has a touch screen display. From what I've seen of it, it has quite basic functionality.

In my current motor, I had the stock head unit replaced and had fitted, a touch screen system with Apple Car Play. I'd like to do the same with the new Pajero / Shogun. Does anyone know if any standard head unit can be fitted? I've seen a couple of guys selling/ fitting units which seem to be dedicated for the Pajero. Ideally , I 'd like a unit with DAB Radio, but as of yet, DAB hasn't made it to the Middle East, we're still on FM / AM !

The Rockford system does sound pretty good through, so a simple head unit hcange should make a big difference to the functionality.

Cheers.
woodie106

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at a few after market systems as i had the same issue - all my music on my phone and no way of connecting it to the Mitsubishi system.
Eventually bought a Bluetooth FM transmitter from ebay - called a G7. Plugged it in to the rear 12v outlet just under the window with the ariel receiver in it. Works a treat. Phone just hooks up to it each time i get in. Bluetooth still works for phone through the main car connection.
The sat nav is a bit antiquated, but my cars 12 years old now, so its a 12 a 12 year old sat nav. Never not been able to find where i'm going.
To fit an aftermarket unit takes quite a bit of work just to listen to a few tracks. Plugging in a bluetooth fm transmitter takes literally seconds & it still sounds just as good.
have loads of stuff on the music server as well if i want to listen to that as well.
Easy option for a best of both worlds scenario & with the FM transmitter effectively in the boot, you don't notice its there.
nottmbantam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice on that. Went to look at a GLS 'Gold Edition' 2016 yesterday ( not sure what the equivalent spec UK car is ) and taking it for an inspection tonight. THe car has a fitted Sat Nav Unit, but again, functioanlity looks a bit limited. Might just go with the BT Transmitter for now as a quick, simple and realtively cheap 'upgrade'.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: