Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

running board lights

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that the interior is not very good so i replaced all mine for leds. Mines a SWB so it has a light in uprights behind the front seats one above the back door which from memory are festoon type i got some of these (but cant remember what length)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SS-2x-SMD-LED-Light-Bulb-Car-Interior-Festoon-DC-12V-42mm-16LED-White/222661560851?hash=item33d7a9ca13:m:mWKgcn08YGkCdozhSyXHFPQ

The front ones are T10 type but there is no reflector in the fitting so you will need a led that sines down, i cant remember which ones i fitted in there now though next time im out ill have a look
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 16:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simonfathead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked at my front interior lights and i have 3 of these fitted

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-CAR-BULBS-LED-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-8-SMD-XENON-WHITE-W5W-501-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB/254240687517?hash=item3b31ed059d:m:m5-YtqsZGGEx_fZrP0bk3Eg
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many on the market but beware of their colours as there are warm white and bright white and the colour may be significant for running board or interior lights.

Bright white tend to have a better illumination and this may be too much for running board lights, but not enough for interior lights, and replacing the interior lights may present an issue with the fade in and out circuits.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do prefer the bright white for the interior lights (makes it so much easier to see) never thought about the fade in /out for the running lights but they should work im using a circuit with an automatic fader in my shed and that works great with a standard car T10 led (well 4 T10s).
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link,the festoon type bulb is 31mm ,i will give them a try.
assassin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about the blue LED's Simon, saw some on a Shogun running boards and they looked lovely.
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well changed all the lights in the interior and what a difference,changed running board lights for the same white bulb and they look much better than the orange lights,tried some in the side lights and they look great,but look a bit out of place with halogen headlight bulb,was wondering if any one else as used the led replacement h4 headlight bulbs as they would look nice with led sidelight bulbs.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i do like the blue leds but swmbo wants Pink!!!!

The led h4 replacements are good as i have been told (not used them myself) but from what i have heard there is not much difference between dipped and full beam and i don't think the h4 leds are actually road legal as the spread is all wrong (or something like that) but something you should be made aware of, I have bright white side lights (leds) but halogen headlights there is a difference in colour but im using osram night breakers which are suppose to be more whiter but and to be honest still look slightly yellowish.

What type of leds did you put in your side steps? in the end
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

i put these in running board,the three cab lights/map lights and rear number plate lights
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G7WNRST/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but needed these for the rear interior lights.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MTZ3U7A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Then i found out i need a different size for the ones n the bottom of the doors and the boot as they are smaller
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NJNQCBN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
and t top it all off,if i want to replace vanity mirror lights i need a different kind again,they look very nice in the side lights though,but it would mean buying more as i only had one left from the pack of ten.be nice to get some ed headlight bulbs to match,and after doing a lot of research on youtube,there seems to be a few good ones out there that mimics the high low beam of the halogen bulb with a perfect top cut off line from 30/50 notes.
i draw the line at pink lights though Laughing maybe compromise and put one in the passenger vanity mirror.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to look for some blue lights for the running board and see if she notices lol.
assassin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe compromise and put one in the passenger vanity mirror.

Or put two different colours of LED in and use a changeover switch, best of both worlds then and full appeasement.

You are correct about LED headlight bulbs Simon, they are illegal and plod have already cottoned onto this and are issuing tickets for non E marked lights as you have to fit the entire LED headlight and not simply replace the bulb as to get the E mark they have to match the bulb to the reflector, and the reflector to the lens.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a good idea twin lights, its a shame i cant do seperate remotes (his and hers) use mine blue lights and hers pink lights. I did think about this before with the drivers seat, where it sets to mine or hers with the different remotes!
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,going to knock the led option on the head and go or some nightbreakers,the standard halogens look like candles in an old lantern next to the led side lights. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: