Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2006 mk3 3.2 shogun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bakinmyday

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 18:40    Post subject: 2006 mk3 3.2 shogun Reply with quote

hello everyone this is my first post!! been looking on this site for a while but unable to resolve my shogun issues and i wondered if you knowledgable chaps can help!!.
bought a 2006 swb shogun 160bhp with the intention of egr delete and remapping ecu to 190bhp but after extensive enquires was told that egr on this year/model cannot be deleted!!
i was told this by midland remaps!! (can i mention them???) also the ecu has to be taken out to be remapped and it is a *beep* to get to apparrently so another 100 quid to strip it out!
total cost of tune is £300 which is not bad really because it is a bit sluggish!!
my problem is i wanted the egr delete to coincide with the remap but midland said cannot be done so i bought a blanking kit but unsure whether to fit it now!!.
has anyone on this forum blanked off the egr (electronic) on this model without the dash light coming on!!!
can i fit a blanking plate to the egr side only and leave the exhaust side open so the egr light stays off!! the egr on the shogun is working fine but i remember when i stripped my golf (the egr was ok) i still had to remove all the gunk that had accumulated because of it!! so i am reluctant to get the shogun remapped because of not being able to delete the egr!!
can anyone help with the egr delete so i can go ahead and get it remapped!!. ps! i only use vpower diesel and opie recommended engine oil!!.
thanks in advance for your help!!.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 18:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removing the EGR valve will result in an MOT failure if the MOT tester notices it.

Read here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motester.co.uk/mot-test-of-exhaust-system-and-emissions/amp/

Defect
a. Emission control equipment fitted by the manufacturer: missing, obviously modified or obviously defective.

Major Fail.
bakinmyday

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi and thanks for the reply, i was not going to remove the egr because of mot failure i just want to blank it off but not sure how to blank it so it does not throw a warning light!!
on this model the obd port cannot be read with a scanner so i cannot delete any dash warning lights and the remapper said the ecu has to be removed and he cannot do an egr delete on this model!!
so" do i blank the egr side and leave the exhaust side open so i do not get a dash light or just blank the exhaust and leave the egr side open or do i use both blanking plates?? one on the exhaust side and one on the egr side!!.
very annoying of mitsubishi to not allow a scanner to read from the obd port!!
i think it has to be mull2 or mull3 which only garages have so if my blanking plates throw a warning dash light i have to go to the garage to get it turned off which is what i am trying to avoid!!.
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may have a problem if you get the warning light come up and the garage resets it it will only come on again as you leave the garage i dont think its possible to permantly turn off the warning light.
With the blanking plates i have read somewhere you can leave a small hole in one of the blanks to fool the system but as i have never done it im not sure if it works and not sure about your model, my egr is in place and works so not messed with it.
bakinmyday

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparrently it is just my model year that the egr delete cannot be done!!, had i of known this model shoguns egr could not be deleted or the obd port cannot be read by a code reader i would not of purchased this model/year because i want to get to know my truk inside out (sad i know).
i think i will go ahead and get the remap done and see how she runs and maybe later do the hole in the egr plate as you suggested,
what i will do tho is post back on here when the remap is done and if the hole in plate egr method works without throwing a wobbly light because it might be usefull for someone trying to do what i am trying to do with this model/year!!
thank you for your help with the egr and at least now you have given me something new to try!!.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: