Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

35''simex catching sills...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flaredarch

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 0:22    Post subject: 35''simex catching sills... Reply with quote

Hi everyone, recently bought some 35/11.5/15 simex extreme trekker 2's which I was saving for winter
so I had them fitted on Wednesday drove home no problem apart from the noise...
couldn't help myself today I had to go and try them out on some rough land I have and ripped a hole in my lower sill where the tyre has caught it also was catching on the lower wing/sill

I have been running these tyres which are the same size but are 12.50 instead of 11.50 with no problems at all

anybody have any suggestions ie cutting the lower sill in to the wheel arch? what would be the best method as im a bit stumpd
any help much appreciated

front wing                                                                                                                                                          
sill that got caught

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 0:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

jimmyw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the 35" simex actually measures to about 36" because of the tread on it. I know theres a SWB here running 35" x 10.5 silverstones on l200 wheels with just a 2" suspension lift and a small bit of creative trimming

You could cut into where it is hitting the arch,and weld a flat piece over the hole that is left so that you don't have a gaping hole. I'd say the offset on the wheel isn't helping either,it will be causing it to take a wider arc as it goes up and down,and it will eventually hit the arch rather than tuck up inside it.
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take the inner edge off,thats what i had to do,hole wise can fill it with exp foam.....i am still to do mine Rolling Eyes filled most of it with just filler and sprayed

Yes different body but get idea,not best pic
flaredarch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting it a little sounds the best option. Only problem is that unlike the pajero arches these are all steel do you still think it would be possible?
Don't want it looking shoddy if you get what I mean reckon it will be a nitemare Sad
I was thinking about maybe An extra 1" body lift but I don't want it any higher than it is!
gregorypestelle

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what I've done and just cut them out Laughing they only rust anyway,also another 2" gained at the same time Laughing
Just lift your sliders up and weld on Laughing have you also had a re spray as know all blue ?

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
flaredarch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I had it all colour coded, back bumper at powder coaters at the mo going same colour as front bumper. The rock sliders are ok where they are just going to have to do some serious cutting for them to fit properly, really peed off if I'm honest as I don't want to cut anything just wish they would fit!!!
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

9" grinder makes easy work,just cut through the metal Wink  i just used a filler in the gap.

Like the idea of doing away with the sills.............always pondered over it but need welding on then,no biggie i suppose................will keep pondering Laughing
jimmyw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut the bit back as far as it needs to be cut,make a template the size of the hole thats needed out of cardboard,trace the template onto a piece of sheet steel,doesn't need to be that thick. Then scrub up all the paint from around the area and tack weld the corners first,then tack it in the same pattern that you would do up wheel nuts in to stop it from heating up and warping.

Thats super easy to do,you need never have picked up a welder you'll do an alright job of it. Then just paint over it and job done  Very Happy  Very Happy
V12 rick

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

venn105 wrote:
9" grinder makes easy work,just cut through the metal Wink  i just used a filler in the gap.

Like the idea of doing away with the sills.............always pondered over it but need welding on then,no biggie i suppose................will keep pondering Laughing

Don't keep pondering venn Wink you know you want too,so pull the grinder out and get on with it  Laughing
Don't forget to get a ladder to get in at the same time Laughing
Could also get one of those emergency chutes from the airlines to get out Laughing
Dave Spalding

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregorypestelle wrote:
Do what I've done and just cut them out Laughing they only rust anyway,also another 2" gained at the same time Laughing
Just lift your sliders up and weld on Laughing have you also had a re spray as know all blue ?

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Have you got any pics of the pricess? I'm looking to do similar?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: