Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

CB installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Radio Communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixseasonsandamovie

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:48    Post subject: CB installation Reply with quote

Sorry guys, Accidentally posted this in the wrong section last night -

Just wondering if anyones put a CB in the tray underneath the cd/radio behind the gear sticks? if so does anyone know what models will fit nice and snug? and Also any info on mouting it in there.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jutwit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where I stuck mine, there was a blanking plate under my stereo so I just cut a hole in that, sorry I can't remember what I used to hold it in, it was quite a while back, and I got mine from thunder pole , can't check which one at the mo but think it was a 4x4 package they were doing
Dmcmylor

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself a din plate to fit it in. Like a stereo surround that will fit in to a single stereo hole. Lots use http://www.4x4cb.com/index.cfm  Wink
peeler3

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a bit late for reply but my rig is a Colt 295a 40 channel fm which is a good small size to fit in that space. I have it wired to operate of ciggie lighter. Coax runs through car to back door up side of back door with a 5ft twig on roof...which has been hit of a few walls and metal barriers ( because i forgot about the height  Sad).
sixseasonsandamovie

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to hook up my system at the moment it just has a ground wire and a hot wire. Was wondering how one would wire it up. As i assume it needs to be on the same circuit as the stereo and such. As to not drain the battery when the car is off. Ive seen people out there pop the hot wire into the fuse holder and ground it nearby but that seems a little dangerous? Haha
Dmcmylor

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earth it to the metal chassis at the side of the stereo, there's an earth screw there iirc. Red can either tap off the live to the stereo or go stright to 12v +'ve. Mine is direct to 12v and doesn't drain the battery when off.
NJV6

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut the wire to the cigarette lighter right beside where you are mounting it and rejoin it with your extra wire in as a feed for cb.  That way it turns off with the key and you don't have to turn the unit off, it will flatten your battery over time.
Mike Bishop

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:35    Post subject: Reply: CB installation Reply with quote

I'm trying to hook up my systems.
Mike Bishop

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:38    Post subject: Re: CB installation Reply with quote

sixseasonsandamovie wrote:
Sorry guys, Accidentally posted this in the wrong section last night -

Just wondering if anyones put a CB in the tray underneath the cd/radio behind the gear sticks? if so does anyone know what models will fit nice and snug? and Also any info on mouting it in there.

Don't worry it will resolve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Radio Communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: