eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Front foglights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StronsayShogun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 19:04    Post subject: Front foglights Reply with quote

Hi guys, recently bought a 2006 and have few things to do including the front fogs. Question is will I have remove the bumper to get to get to them and in turn does that mean headlight removal? If so any tips on that as well Very Happy

While here has anyone bought good upgraded for lights or have any links good quality after market ones?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 19:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, go under the wheel arch and you will see the plastic wheelarch liner, this is held in by a variety of clips and bolt headed screws and this needs removing, once removed you can see the rear of the lamp and have ready access to get at it.
Make sure you have a stash of 8mm plactic clips to hand to replace those you break, and you will break some as they go brittle with age.

I remove the wheel before removing the liner as its much easier.
StronsayShogun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I was hoping that! Just have to get an air gun on my lock nuts now as it would appear the hulk tightened them!
assassin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never touched your wheel nuts!!!!!!!!!!

They do tighten up with age and I never use an air gun as I only ever loosen them with a 21mm wheel socket using a long breaker bar and nothing else, and I always give the studs a thin coat of copper grease before refitting the wheel nuts to prevent this in the future.

If you are going under the front end then it is held in position by two M6 studs at the lower end of the plastic undertray and the plate behind here is a dogleg plate with tapped holes and they corrode massively, undo the plastic undertray and remove it, locate the dogleg plate and this is held in by two M6 studs, undo them and remove this plate as they are usually corroded, clean the corrosion of this and all the fixed steelwork behind it using a quality product such as Bilt Hamber Deox Gel which is painted onto heavy corrosion and built up to a thick coating and covered with cling film and left overnight, also do the dogleg bracket and wrap in cling film overnight and wash off with soapy water and the rust washes off, dry thoroughly.

Using some Bilt Hamber Dynax UB you spray all the metalwork fully and ensure its covered and this will prevent any future corrosion from returning, and do the surrounding metalwork under the plastic splash guard as this is a corrosion point on these vehicles, this saves some nasty welding in the future and is worth doing while you are there for peace of mind.

Get some good copper grease and new M6 X 20mm studs (with the fully threaded shank) and lather two of them with copper grease and refit the dogleg plate, when you refit the plastic splash guard you lather the bolts with copper grease and fit penny washers to them and you will have rustproofed a vulnerable area and coated the bolts so they come out easily in the future.
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never actually used the front fog lights as i keep forgetting i have them (first car with them) and to be honest ive had the shogun 2 years and never been out in the fog yet! But i did replace the standard bulbs with leds (HB4) and there is a clean crisper whiter light compared to the dull yellow glow from halogen bulbs. I have a 2004 version with the round fogs and there isnt really much of a reflector in them, just a silver (shinny) box (like a cup) so there isnt much difference in light patten between the 2 bulbs but strictly speaking its not 100% road legal i don't think. The problem i had with adding the leds were the wires were the wrong way round so i had to cut the connector off and solder them the other way round for them to work, but not much of a problem and if you wanted to go back to halogens you wouldnt have to change the wiring again.
assassin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, didn't you see that big green light on your dashboard?
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

big green light ? lol am i missing something, the only green lights i have are the indicators and 4x4 lights!
StronsayShogun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys for all your help, only replacing as lens smashed but can't just replace those. Had new windscreen fitted yesterday. Will keep you posted now got to find out how to route the cable for the referee camera!! 😐 Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: