eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Idle speed issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martinni282

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 17:49    Post subject: Idle speed issue Reply with quote

Hello everyone.
My name is Marcin and I’m new here.
I bought myself a 2003 reg shogun elegance 3.2 DID over a week ago.
I choose this car after never ending story with repairs of my land rover discovery.
Before I paid for shogun, I’ve done two test drives, everything was ok, starting cold and warm ok, no leaks, no suspicious noises...
Whole week I driven in the city, no issues at all, until I went for motorway run...
After few minutes driving with engine speed 2000-3000rpm, when I left motorway and slowed down to approx 20 mph, I felt that engine is juddering and and not working smooth.
Idle speed was even worse, after accelerating few times, engine stopped working.
Started without problem, but still juddering.
I switched off and restarted after 10 mins..all symptoms gone, everything works nice and smooth.
Today I was flushing and changing coolant and run engine on speed just above 2000 rpm for few mins to warmed up quicker and juddering came back again...
And again, when restarted after few minutes, everything was nice and smooth.
No error lights on the dash.
Just seen posts about fuel pump issues and seen how expensive they are...
Does anyone had similar problem and know the solution?
Regards
Marcin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 17:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

RogerStenning

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my one, I had exactly that issue. It turned out to be a combination of a heavily clogged EGR valve that then failed, and the VCR having failed, neither of which showed up on diagnostics. Have a pressure test done to see if the VCR is working properly, and check the EGR valve (that's the easy one, it's very accessible) isn't clogged.
Martinni282

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerStenning wrote:
On my one, I had exactly that issue. It turned out to be a combination of a heavily clogged EGR valve that then failed, and the VCR having failed, neither of which showed up on diagnostics. Have a pressure test done to see if the VCR is working properly, and check the EGR valve (that's the easy one, it's very accessible) isn't clogged.

Egr valve is new, last owner changed that, still looks like new
What is VCR? Is it a fuel pump?
Mileage 143k miles
RogerStenning

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel pressure regulator, suction control valve, vacuum control regulator, depending on who you talk to, that's what they mean; they replaced the thing on my 2007 3.2 DI-D, and while the revs at idle sometimes hover around 700, it's not stalled since they replaced it.
Martinni282

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerStenning wrote:
Fuel pressure regulator, suction control valve, vacuum control regulator, depending on who you talk to, that's what they mean; they replaced the thing on my 2007 3.2 DI-D, and while the revs at idle sometimes hover around 700, it's not stalled since they replaced it.

I bought myself OBD reader from Eurocarparts to check for any error codes but that tool can not communicate with my shogun... doing ok with audi but not with shogun...is mitsubishi need special software?
As I mentioned this juddering happens only when kept over 2000rpm for some time (ie motorway driving), running in the city is all fine, no issues...and if its happen, turning off the engine for few minutes fix the problem and everything is ok.
RogerStenning

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's likely not either the EGR or VCR, then. No idea about your diagnostic device, mine sucks the codes right off no problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: