QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Registering Japanese import in Spain help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaslight2368

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 0:39    Post subject: Registering Japanese import in Spain help! Reply with quote

I have taken a lovely Pajero 3.5 L LHD to Spain that is a Japanese import registered in the UK and I am struggling to register it there due to lack of information on my V5.
It’s a 2014 7 seater perfect for the kids and the beech but looks like I will have to bring it back to the uk.
Can anyone help please !
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 0:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014you say? Well as it must have been newer than ten year old when it was registered in the UK, it follows that it would have required an IVA and not just the MOT that's needed in cars older than the ten year cutoff point, so given that the IVA requirements are a Europe wide standard, the presence of the document should be sufficient for the Spanish registration process in the absence of official details from Thatcham.
I've sent cars both ways between France and the UK and if their catastrophically complex licencing process can be worked around, the Spanish system should be a walk in the park by comparison, and indeed it is as any car, even if previously imported to another member state, is judged by the rules of the country the car was registered in before going to Spain, France, Portugal or Italy, etc.

As it's therefore a car from another EU member state, it's simpler still as you're bringing it to Spain to use and not to trade onwards. Wink

Thinking about this further, as it's LHD,then it's not a JDM specimen in any case, easier again!
Gaslight2368

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for your input, the car came from UAE which is why it’s LHD and yes your right it needs an ITV in Spain to then be able to register it. They won’t except the information on my V5 from the UK as it has no emission information or weight details which you would generally get on a certificate of conformity from a UK based car.
I have tried to get this information from Japan and had no luck at all.
They say the car should have a weight chart on the wheel arch which it does not have or failing that the information on a conformity document which I can’t obtain.
Do you have an idea how I could get this information
Many thanks
Dean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: