QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Advice on manual to electric seat conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toed64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:55    Post subject: Advice on manual to electric seat conversion Reply with quote

Hello all

I've just bought my 3rd Shogun LWB.  Our last one, that is still a good beast, is a 2001/2 LWB 3.2 and it has served very well.  My wife has an enormous horse, consequently she tows a large horse trailer and I have a large car trailer for transporting my track day car.  The Shogun has proven to be the best tow vehicle we have ever had, so when I saw a late model, low mileage, ex-Police LWB SG2 being sold cheaply, I bought it.  

It's generally much better than I expected for an ex-Police vehicle and it has full history to back up the 38,000 miles on the clock.  However, the 2nd and 3rd rows of seats are missing.  The front seats are in reasonable condition and would clean up ok, but they are fabric and the only late model seats that I have found are from a 2014 SG3, so they are leather and have a full compliment of electric motors for adjustment.

Can anyone advise me on the following:

Are the electric seats ECU controlled, if so, is the ecu mounted in the seat, or elsewhere? ...or do they just require power?

Is the SG2 loom likely to have appropriate plugs to provide power to the seats?

...or should I just strip the seats and rebuild the original manual SG2 frames with the leather covers from the new set?

Any advice will be gratefully received.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look under the carpets of your current seats as most of these vehicles had standardised wiring, if you find a plug tucked under there you simply plug in your seats and you may even have the seat heaters working if you get the switches.
Toed64

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks...that's what I was hoping to hear.  

My OE cloth seats are heated, so I hope that the SG3 ones are too.

I'll post my findings in due course.
Toed64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conclusion

The SG3, leather, electric, heated seats fitted straight into my SG2 that had manual heated seats.  The car's wiring loom had the power supply socket connector taped back from the seat, but it was live...so this swap was utterly straightforward: plug and play!

Tip for those who do this:

It's a wise precaution to disconnect the battery before unplugging or plugging-in the airbag connector.  It is also probably a good idea to complete the job before reconnecting the battery and turning on the ignition while the airbags are disconnected, because on some vehicles, the unplugged airbag flashes up an airbag fault code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: