2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Auto transmission oil (Further info)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piaggio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

B,cause I had this info from previous owner and therefore I buy some bootles .ok.
And for transfer box is better get some standard type or may use dex 3 ATF?.which one is good ccording the spec ,good for both transfer and gearbox.? If ATF dex3 is not better also for transfer box I buy recommended one.I may use ATF for servo also,so no problem.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

No!!!

Use the correct lubricants - or destroy your vehicle by using totally unsuitable fluids.
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Pete on this , I would think it a whole lot simpler to use the recommended fluids as per the  handbook.l
On the other hand if you want to make a reasonably simple job harder then your going about it the right way.
piaggio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I just buy the right.I've '97 model witth manual gearbox,so I look at my HDD manual and endup
with this 75W-90 ,its avaiable so I brougt  --it. oh my poor pajero Cool

Btw , next thing what my previsions owner recommend me is,let  use tap water instead destined one for mixing with coolant.
Is that right? because tap water have better inhibitors of corrosion or something, Very Happy
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

piaggio wrote:
Ok, so I just buy the right.I've '97 model witth manual gearbox,so I look at my HDD manual and endup
with this 75W-90 ,its avaiable so I brougt  --it. oh my poor pajero Cool

Btw , next thing what my previsions owner recommend me is,let  use tap water instead destined one for mixing with coolant.
Is that right? because tap water have better inhibitors of corrosion or something, Very Happy

Tap water will be fine thats all I use, although draining it and flushing the rad regularly is the key to keeping the system in good working order along with 50% anti freeze mixed , ie 50% water 50% anti freeze.
A lot of people advise using distilled water as it has less impurities in it compared to tap water, but as long as you keep on top of maintaing the cooling system tap water will be fine.
piaggio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

" flushing the rad regularly" - you think  ,emptyng rad,disconnect bottom hose and then flush through  filling cap?.

What I'll see in bucket? My goal is persuade my self do this.
As I remember I replace coolant as I buy my paj,so cca 5y ago.

But i also drove all those years with ATF dex III in my transmision  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: