QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Front disc replacement

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ste2260"]FFS how many times do I have to repeat it [b]THERE IS NO IMBALANCE OF BRAKING[/b], please take your keyboard warrior skills and your opinions somewhere else as I am fed up of hearing your constant bleating !!!!!!!![/quote]

12 posts and a few months on here  - I've done 7 years and 15,000 posts - read some of them and then tell me I am a keyboard warrior.

No imbalance??? Try braking as hard as you would do in an emergency - when the road is slippy or the discs are wet.

Unfortunately this forum is starting to attract the sort of people who seem to want advice but then get aggressive when they don't like what they are told.

There are many people on here who know how much I have helped them over the years - what have you done to help?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 16:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ste2260

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have been on this forum since 2003 and have owned Pajeros/Shoguns for 20 years, but recently moved with a new email address and forgot my log on details, I never was an ardent poster as I don't live my life on here.
I only asked a question as it was a job I had never done before, I didn't expect to get a load of abuse and called an idiot just because I didn't agree with another members beliefs.

I always used to enjoy reading though the forum helping very occasionally if I could but was never rude to anyone, if they didn't agree any of my posts then "meh" move on and read another one, I would never constantly harass someone just because they didn't agree with me.

I appreciate the science regarding changing both discs, but I am the only one who can see the condition of the disc in question.

I hope this will be the end of this post
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't call you an idiot and you were the one who started ranting in capital letters.

Just to let you know where I am coming from - my brother in law put two mismatched discs on his Range Rover many years ago. He swerved when braking hard and ran completely over a mini. He was fine but two people in the mini were dead. All because he cut corners on repairing the braking system.

End of post.
Taraswolf

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Range rovers swerve all over the place with good discs never mind a dodgy 1 !, iv done the same as you as in replaced 1 disc due to whatever damage it had and i can assure you braking has been 100% fine, i have access to a MOT brake tester and put the car on there and they are 100% if they wernt i would of sorted them out, im not saying it is not good practice to change both discs on 1 axle at the same time but hearing a story a mate told a mate who told a relative and who was told by the local pub landlord who has not even got a driving licence that it was going to have you swerving all over the road and wipe out half of london in 1 foul swoop is just bs ! each to there own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: