eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero 3.5 GDI

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwd-kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 17:22    Post subject: Pajero 3.5 GDI Reply with quote

Just got my 1997 pajero on the road after importing it from japan over the moon with it ..however when driving today it decided to put on the engine management light flashing and lost all power so I pulled over and turned of the engine then it startet up again no light and driving fine also when warm it some times doesn't start straight away and misses a bit then all good any ideas from you guys .I've got all the bits to service it plugs belts etc etc so hopefully this will help as it's a one owner 4x4 with 53000 kilometers  on it and I'm hoping it just needing a service?? THANKS IN ADVANCE ..👍
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 17:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rwd-kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 views not one reply or thought on this seems these forums are dying away .😧
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

it,s probably the micro filters in the high pressure pump and fuel regulator need changing,big job to change 2 little filters but they cause so many problems...you will need x2 MD619962 which should solve your issue... Wink
rwd-kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 18:09    Post subject: Micro filters Reply with quote

Ok so starting to change the micro filters tomorrow Monday 30/3/2020..
I’ve located the one on the main fuel feed to the fuel pump where is the fuel regulator located I’m thinking under the inlet manifold ??? 4x4 is starting fine until warms up then engine light on. And missing 3000rpm max 😩😩
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a GDI  - Hutchy is the man for that - but I have done a search for you here

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0397881907573464%3A0903707158&ie=UTF-8&q=Microfilters&sa=Search&siteurl=www.pocuk.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php&ref=&ss=5276j2709266j12

I hope that is some help.
rwd-kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 19:58    Post subject: Micro filters Reply with quote

Thanks I’m going to start at it in the morning and will take pictures as I go and hopefully cure the problem 👍👍👍
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck
rwd-kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 20:39    Post subject: Micro filter Reply with quote

Ok so just spent the last 3 hrs stripping the inlet of the 4x4 removed now is it possible to remove the fuel pump as the old micro filter has dropped in to the pump aslo where it the second filter located I'm convinced the fuel lines are clogged as my 4x4 has not done much in the last 12 months can the fuel pump be disassembled to remove the old micro filter need help on this asap driving me nuts in a 4x4 with only 54000 kilometers on it from new any help or even a contact  number would be a huge help 🤔👍
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try sending Hutchy a pm  - but he doesn't come on here as often as he used to.
rwd-kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:58    Post subject: Gdi Reply with quote

Thanks yea ive pme’d him but no reply 😏😏
rwd-kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 13:38    Post subject: Pajero gdi Reply with quote

Ok I've just spent the last few days removing the inletmanifold and fuel pump and got the old micro filters changed all checked and back together also fitted a fuel filter on the main feed to the fuel pump to keep the petrol clean starter after a few seconds getting the petrol true and give it a quick rev no problems let it idle for a few minutes and now wont rev past 3000 rpm same as before cant get my head around this as the microfilters we clearly never changed from new and this pajero has done literally nothing from new 1997 and only 54000 kilometers on it need to contact some one  with the same issues pleas any one help 🤔🤔🤔🤔👍👍
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm clutching at straws now - Is it showing any fault codes?

Hutchy is the only one I know on here with knowledge of GDi s
rwd-kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 17:22    Post subject: Pajero gdi Reply with quote

Sorted at last 👍👍must of just read low fuel pressure from all being dismantled disconnect  battery for 10 minutes never missed a beat since and gave her plenty a revving for messing me about 🤣🤣🤣 pictures  to follow this 4x4 turns heads every time Thanks to all who replied much appreciated 👍👍👍
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you sorted it
rwd-kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 19:10    Post subject: GDI Reply with quote

Would you believe my pajero has yet again failed to start after a few hundred kilometres I decided to change the in line fuel filter mounted on the rear chassis started ok and no problems now today it drove ok and now won’t start just turning oven not a kick no obvious fuel leeks just turning over 😩 hopeing  a easy fix in tank fuel pump or fuse maybe ??.its taking its tole on me now ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: