Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

3" lift finally done

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rafter

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done lift
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 22:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

erebus74

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an excellent write up, I am thinking of doing this to my 2.8 paj, but i do have a question as i do not want to cause myself unnecessary hassle by making uneducated guesses lol. My paj has the winter kit fitted and so i have been told it already has been lifted on thebldy by 40mm. so do i need to take this into account and only lift by a further 35mm to get the 3 inch lift, or can i fit a 3 inch body lift on top of the 40mm???

Andrew
jimmyw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

erebus74 wrote:
What an excellent write up, I am thinking of doing this to my 2.8 paj, but i do have a question as i do not want to cause myself unnecessary hassle by making uneducated guesses lol. My paj has the winter kit fitted and so i have been told it already has been lifted on thebldy by 40mm. so do i need to take this into account and only lift by a further 35mm to get the 3 inch lift, or can i fit a 3 inch body lift on top of the 40mm???

Andrew

The body lift that the 2.8s come with isn't spacers shoved between the body outriggers and the body,its that the outriggers are welded 35mm higher up the chassis than normal,so to the untrained eye it doesn't look like it has been body lifted. So when you lift yours you just have to slip in the spacers and the bolts. Don't forget to take the rear bumper off,and undo that little 10mm bolt that holds in the filler pipe
erebus74

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmyw wrote:
erebus74 wrote:

Andrew

The body lift that the 2.8s come with isn't spacers shoved between the body outriggers and the body,its that the outriggers are welded 35mm higher up the chassis than normal,so to the untrained eye it doesn't look like it has been body lifted. So when you lift yours you just have to slip in the spacers and the bolts. Don't forget to take the rear bumper off,and undo that little 10mm bolt that holds in the filler pipe

thanks for the answer, but still a little confused. as i only want to put a 2 body lift on her as i do not want to faff around with all the stuff that needs to be modified, so was not going to go 3 inchs, but only 2 so i do not have to do anything but put the blocks in. can i still put a 2 inch lift on her and not have todo all the things listed on this thread, or would i need to anyway as i already have the 40mm winter pack lift?
jimmyw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

erebus74 wrote:

thanks for the answer, but still a little confused. as i only want to put a 2 body lift on her as i do not want to faff around with all the stuff that needs to be modified, so was not going to go 3 inchs, but only 2 so i do not have to do anything but put the blocks in. can i still put a 2 inch lift on her and not have todo all the things listed on this thread, or would i need to anyway as i already have the 40mm winter pack lift?[/quote]

I did the 2" one on mine,you don't have to do everything in this thread,but you still have to do a bit. The 2" spacers and new bolts will go in,and the only modifications you've to do is to unbolt the filler bracket from the chassis in the left rear arch,and unbolt the vacuum pipe bracket from the brake servo. You might have to trim the rad cowling a bit,i did. Also had to extend the heater pipes with some generic hose from the motor factors.

TBH i'd do the suspension lift before you do a body lift,more to be gained from putting in less effort
erebus74

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmyw wrote:
erebus74 wrote:

thanks for the answer, but still a little confused. as i only want to put a 2 body lift on her as i do not want to faff around with all the stuff that needs to be modified, so was not going to go 3 inchs, but only 2 so i do not have to do anything but put the blocks in. can i still put a 2 inch lift on her and not have todo all the things listed on this thread, or would i need to anyway as i already have the 40mm winter pack lift?

I did the 2" one on mine,you don't have to do everything in this thread,but you still have to do a bit. The 2" spacers and new bolts will go in,and the only modifications you've to do is to unbolt the filler bracket from the chassis in the left rear arch,and unbolt the vacuum pipe bracket from the brake servo. You might have to trim the rad cowling a bit,i did. Also had to extend the heater pipes with some generic hose from the motor factors.

TBH i'd do the suspension lift before you do a body lift,more to be gained from putting in less effort[/quote]

Fantastic. just the info i needed. I am planning on a y60 rear spring conversion first, but will then be looking at a body lift afterwards, as i really want to fit 35's under the arches. The only thing with the 3 inch lift i was worried about was having to cut by the transfer box leaver to get it to go into 2wd. My mate did this to his vitara and the next time he went through some water, it was like a guyser and i did not fancy that. lol
jimmyw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've 35s on mine,with a 2 inch suspension,and 2 inch body lift and no scrubbing what so ever,even on the rear with my ghetto long travel rear suspension.

The way the tunnel is cut with the 2" isn't too bad,it is the interior trim gets cut and not the gateway to the outside world,got mine in deep water and none made its way inside the truck.

Be aware that it seems to be a trend from the current crop of y60 springs to lift the rear of the truck miles into the air and give the truck a dragster stance,could be worth trying to find spring spacers because then you're guaranteed to get the lift it says on the box. and the front can only be lifted around 2" before you start nuking cv boots.
kev 190164

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Richard not been on here for years do you still have the truck
richardsth

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, the Rastamobile is no more. I lost interest halfway through an engine swap out so I donated it to my local fire station. One of the guys there stripped it bare for his Pajero, and then it was used to practise emergency extractions on. Apparently it was torched and cut-up,and not neccessarily in that order.  Very Happy
Bowdy87

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your truck looks cool!!! Hey a couple questions........Was it a 3 inch suspension lift or a body lift? Did you make your own or buy them and if so where did you buy them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: