2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

pajero mini owner ' how many in uk '

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

New bloke here! Just bought a '98 Pajero Mini from a dealer and am having it delivered all the way up here (South East Northumberland) from the South West having thrashed out a satisfactory deal to include the cost of getting it up the road.
It's the one that's recently been on eBay, in all over silver/grey with automatic gearbox and a mere 62,000Km/38,600 miles from new.
The car was only imported from dry, warm Southern Japan in November last year, so as soon as it arrives, my first task is to empty the contents of a gallon drum of Ensis V** into every wee nook & cranny to keep it as free from rust as it currently is.

It will be replacing my much-loved Toyota bB (bB is to Toyota Yaris as Cube is to Datsun Micra) as daily transport and its amazingly manoeuvrable nature, useful in town as well as out here in the coastal bit of the county, makes it a better daily proposition than the Toyota, plus the Pajero Mini's age qualifies it for inclusion on my "cherished car" key policy at an extra £40 per year.

My apologies for resurrecting this older thread but it was the first hit when I searched the board for a place to post an introduction.

** - For anyone who didn't know; Shell Ensis V is a range of rust treating and preventative products used in the fishing and offshore installation industries, one variety of this product is similar to Finnegans' Waxoyl, but is far better suited to applying in places where some surface rust may already be lurking, it can also be mixed with a spot of undersealant to create a protective covering that is self healing and very flexible but won't run all over the road when the heat of the coming summer reaches the car.
It's sold in most Chandleries as boat owners use it in steel hulls where it keeps the bilge water from getting to the metal.

John.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 15:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

m.i.k.e

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

One in bristol.
Ozblades7

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 23:03    Post subject: Pajero jnr 1997 Reply with quote

Just bought our little un 1.1 manual black/silver .Home is now sheffield having spent most of its uk life in essex,Freedom at last lol. Nice company for my Delica's n wifes outlader 🤘
andyx

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 19:46    Post subject: pajero junior Reply with quote

Hi just bought mine (Auto, 125.000 on the clock) first 150 miles was lovely then the rad split and blew the head gasket Crying or Very sad I can get the gaskets etc but struggling for the workshop info (torque settings etc)
Can anybody help?
Thanks Andy
JayBee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd bump this up as I now have my '95 Junior ZRII back on the road. It was SORN for a year and a half with starting issues but I got round to having it looked at and it's now running fine.

For those interested in numbers of vehicles on the road, take a look at this site.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/mitsubishi_pajero_junior_swb_auto

Hopefully, the number of licensed cars will increase by one and SORN decrease when my registration is logged. You can use the site for other variants too.

For those hoping for a photo description for removing the dash (another thread) you'll be disappointed as I couldn't find remaining screws and left it to a professional.

My car came in from Japan in 2007 with about 50,000 miles on the clock. I have since done another 40,000 miles in the UK, Ireland, Spain and Belgium.

Modifications; replaced viscous radiator fan with electric one (which only really fires up in Spanish heat), replaced Japanese radio (Why? I don't know as I never listen to anything when I drive), tow bar added by Watling. I even put in a wooden bed for camping by removing the front passenger seat. There is an additional wake-up alarm as sheep like to scratch themselves on the tow hook at sunrise.

Wooden Bed Conversion

Someone ran into me in Ireland and the car was off the road for a couple of months in 2010 whilst the repair shop found another driver side front corner panel in Japan.

Road tax is cheap as it is too old for comprehensive insurance so I'll have to look after it well.

I don't off-road as I want this car to outlast me. I didn't bother with cars until I was 42 years old and am not a regular driver. Still, I love this car. Easy to drive. Usually, on a motorway, sitting close behind a lorry, draughting between the UK and Ireland.
ZRNZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:30    Post subject: Can anyone help with oil capacity info ? Reply with quote

Hi I have a ZRII, A431 engine, manual tran. I am stuck with not knowing the oil capacity and because of lockdown I can’t ask any car shops here as all closed. I’ve changed the oil filter now just need to know how much oil to put back in it. Also if possible the gearbox oil capacity and type I was told 80-90w?
Thank you
JayBee

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:10    Post subject: Re: Can anyone help with oil capacity info ? Reply with quote

ZRNZ wrote:
Hi I have a ZRII, A431 engine, manual tran. I am stuck with not knowing the oil capacity and because of lockdown I can’t ask any car shops here as all closed. I’ve changed the oil filter now just need to know how much oil to put back in it. Also if possible the gearbox oil capacity and type I was told 80-90w?
Thank you

From my handbook...

Engine oil - 3.5 litres 10W30 (10W40 synthetic will do)

Manual gearbox oil - 1.3 litres (SAE 75W/85W)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: