Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

high pressure fuel pump filter dropped into pump help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBARRETT

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:07    Post subject: high pressure fuel pump filter dropped into pump help Reply with quote

set out to replace micro filter after learning to swim again laying across the engine to gain access, on trying to remove old filter i only managed to get the metal ring out and im sure the remaning plastic and mesh has fallen through into the pump so ive put the new filter in and put it all back together
was running fine took it out this morning and after awhile started playing up,upto running temp the following 1 engine light comes on tickover then goes off when i get revs upto 950/1000 2 : it stalled once when i was at traffic lights which its never stalled so my question is how would i get the remains of the old filter out or do i let it run its course and hope it smashes it to oblivion ps car runs fine when costing along or if i put foot down in fact it feels light its got more kick to it

any help please
[b]
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the photos in the Mitsubishi bulletin about this I posted in the thread GDi micro-filter replacement - 2002 Mitsi news bulletin.

There it shows special service tools for doing the job. Those might give you some ideas on how to ensure the remaining parts of the old micro-filter might be removed. I suspect it'll be fiddly but maybe a M5 screw plus tweezers will save the day - probably need a lot of light and possible a macro-lens camera to photograph the inside of the hole.
rwd-kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 21:21    Post subject: Micro filters Reply with quote

I know your pain my 4x4 would sometimes put management light on and cut out after starting so I ordered 2 micro filters and set out to cure the problem same thing happened to me I screwed a wood screw into the one on the high pressure fuel pump on the back of engine and to my luck it pushed all the filter into the pump so I stripped the manifold of and removed the pump and got it out from underneath when the pump was on the bench not a easy removal lot of bits to remove then I replaced the one on the regulator that’s bolted between the v on the engine you won’t se it until you remove the inlet manifold have pictures for reference but can’t seem to up load them what a mission to replace to miniature micro filters I also fitted a filter on the main feed to the bump under the bonnet 👌send me your emai and I’ll send the pictures over 👍👍
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: