QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Warm air

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fredy

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 23:02    Post subject: Warm air Reply with quote

Hi guys, hope everyone is well. My 2005 beast seems to be only blowing out warm air, for the life of me I'm sure before when it hot yo temp it was blowing hot air through the vents. I have flushed it twice let it idle for over an hour, get air out of system but still only blowing warm air. I replaced thermostat about 3 months ago, any other ideas please, thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 23:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

When say flushed did you use a radiator cleaner such as Bars and run it around for a days with the heater turned up before draining?
If not you’ve probably got a clogged heater matrix. If the radiator cleaner doesn’t work then you probably need to to replace the heater matrix.
Fredy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i didn't. I did use a cleaner ran it for about 2 hours then drained it  i had a spare thermostat, thought the other may be faulty, the air is warm the pipes are warm. Thermostat housing the water water was hot but what i drained it was lukewarm warm. Now i have snapped the top nut off the housing for the thermostat, bloody great, can't drill it out not alot of room, bloody thing. Been quoted 60 to get broken bolt removed from thermostat housing, any ideas thanks
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about something like this,loads to choose from on different sites.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aluminium-right-angle-drill-attachment/dp/B003739MII/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Right+Angle+Drill+Attachment&qid=1601408452&sr=8-5
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the temperature of the outcoming air as in summer it feels colder than it is, in winter it feels hotter than it is.

I use a digital thermometer to measure the temperature at the vents for reference.

Often it is a clogged cooling system and this can be easily cleaned and one thing I often do is use a domestic product called Vanish, if you disconnect the heater matrix hoses and raise them higher than the matrix you empty the water and once raised you add a little water a teaspoon of Vanish and top up with water, DO NOT RECONNECT THE HOSES.

Drain the engine block and radiator and add a little water, add several scoops of Vanish and top up with water, you may have to block the elbows where the matric pipes come from, but DO NOT REPLACE THE RADIATOR CAP as this releases oxygen and it needs somewhere to vent to and escape and if you seal the system it will generate enough pressure to blow something.

Leave for the prescribed time as this cleans metal and removes rust, flush the heater matrix out first and note the removed contamination coming out, and continue flushing after it is clear, drain the engine block by removing a bottom radiator hose and flushing the block and radiator through thoroughly, reconnect the matrix pipes and fill the system with pure water and run until it is all diluted and drain.

Refill with water and a cooling system cleaner and follow the instructions, drain and this will remove the contamination left by the vanish and flush well with water, you should have removed all the contamination and your cooling system should be as clean as a nuns thoughts.
Fredy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. I'm abit scared disconnecting from the two pipes near the fuel filter, if i follow the pipes can i get better access, i have bought a right angle drill attachment see if i can drill out the nut. Thanks for that info. I'm going to check cabin filter also as a precaution, i think its a blockage as the water is boiling when i disconnected from thermostat housing. The radiator top hose is warm also the one near alternator, iv bought some rad cleaner, i am going to put it in Saturday run around and empty Sunday, also going to get a thermometer, basic kitchen one, thank you
Fredy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. Flushed out heater matrix and block, all clear, now, however still warmer vent on passenger than drivers side. High possibility could be a vent closed, however i dont know where to look  any help much appreciated thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: