QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero 2.8 overheating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patspajero

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 14:36    Post subject: Pajero 2.8 overheating Reply with quote

Hi all. Bought a pajero the other night in the dark. 4 flat wheels and a non runner!

Got it started after some fresh diesel, new batteries and borrowed some wheels and got it into my own shed.
I starter it a few times and it was getting hot, the guage went right up and there was boiling water coming out if the overflow behind the headlight.

First thought was the head gasket.
I tried it again this morning and I saw something strange. The big pipes to the intercooler were almost collapsed inwards. I opened one a bit and they relaxed a bit, but it didn't boil this time.
What's happening?!!

The heater fan in the cabin is working, giving hot air so that flow isn't blocked.
I had it half revved for about 30 minutes.
The rad didn't get as hot as it did the last time it boiled. The thermostat isn't sticking as the pipes into the heater in the cabin got hot first, then after a few mins the rad began to warm up, that would show that the stat is opening.

There are no bubbles into the overflow at All, even after 30 mins.

Would the intercooler pipes have affected or caused the overheat?

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 14:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Mark3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small pipe to radiator from expansion tank is blocked, or the rad cap isn't allowing coolant back in, or the pipe under the expansion tank lid is blocked...

I will push coolant out into the tank as it warms up, its quite normal but it should suck it back into the system as it cools via a non return valve in the rad cap as it cools, something it blocked not allowing this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: