QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Tyre sizes reduced from 365 70 x 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony059

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:04    Post subject: Tyre sizes reduced from 365 70 x 15 Reply with quote

Hi can you please advis me. ?
The tires on my Pajero 1995 model was 265/75 15 the garage has replaced all four tires for me on a MOT but as replace them with 235 75 15, question is will this affect my speedometer readings.
As at the moment where is a lot of roads with average speed cameras on around the area that I live in in average speed camera is set at 50mph.
thank you
Tony
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 235s are a smaller diameter and so the wheel will spin faster and will make your speedo read higher - so at 30 mph the 235 will read over 30mph, so you are safe on speed cameras.

Use this link to double check I have done the calculation correctly - after pressing the "calculate" button click on the tyre size visualiser to see the dimensions of each tyre.

https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/
Tony059

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for getting back in touch with me, my wife was panicking simply because she has only just passed her test and does not want to get points on her licence. We live in St Helens Merseyside I have had a look around the area trying to get tyre size 265 75 15s for the vehicle but no one seems to be able to get them this is why by the garage replace them with 235. I am hoping that when when I can eventually find 265 to replace them. once again thank you for getting back in touch

Tony
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use this calculator

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/tyre-wheel-calculators/speedo-error-calculator

Put your old and new the sizes into it and it says that when the Speedo is showing 30 mph then you are actually only traveling at 28 mph.

So she will not get caught for speeding due to Speedo error.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just noticed that in the first post you said your old the size was 265/70 x 15

But the title of the post says 365/70 X 15

If they are the 365/70 then check with the second calculator I linked to.
Andy(NorthWales)
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

No it WON'T change your speedo reading, the diameter is the same as your old set, they're just narrower, the larger number is the width, the next is tyre height and the wheel size, so your tyre height and wheel size are the same as the originals, thinner tyres are better for cutting through mud too...

So don't go worrying about it...

Andy...
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second number is the ASPECT RATIO - which is related to the width - so it WILL AFFECT THE DIAMETER.

Andy - try the links above you see the size differences

And have a read of this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.goodyearautoservice.com/en-US/tire-basics/tire-size/amp
Andy(NorthWales)
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
The second number is the ASPECT RATIO - which is related to the width - so it WILL AFFECT THE DIAMETER.

Andy - try the links above you see the size differences

And have a read of this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.goodyearautoservice.com/en-US/tire-basics/tire-size/amp

And his is the same as his original, it's just the width that has changed, so it won't alter the diameter...
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: