Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

The End of an Era

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medicman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 22:55    Post subject: The End of an Era Reply with quote

Hi Guys

As the topic states it’s the end of an era for me, I’ve sold my old Shogun, well traded it in for a new modern car,

It had seen better days and was becoming a money pit, over 2K spent on it last year and didn’t want to repeat that again,

the underneath was covered in rust and becoming severely pitted.

everything was gunna need renewed shortly, brakes, suspension, cooling system it was all starting to go so I made the big decision.

I’ve been driving Shoguns for nearly 20 years, had all the models except the mk1 and enjoyed every minute of it, especially driving

through the white slippery stuff but time was catching up on me and it so it had to go, I will miss it tremendously.

So with that said thanks to all the knowledgeable people on here “you know who you are” that have more patience than me to keep

their old trucks going, and who give without reward their knowledge to those beginning on this great adventure.

Thanks again and all the best in the future.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 22:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold mine two years ago but still visit here quite often.

I also went for a new car just because I got fed up with the constant maintenance an old truck needs.

Sorry to see you go but I think you are doing the sensible thing.
Craig Robin

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people are getting rid of their old cars and I don't see it as a problem. Maintaining an old car is expensive, looking for parts are not that easy.
Grabber

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who is curious what car came in place of your Shogun?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nissan Juke for me - on a lease so I pay a fixed amount each month and get yearly services included, free breakdown cover, parts and labour guarantee. Then after four years I get a new car.

Not a particularly interesting car but it is reliable, good on fuel and cheap to tax and insure.
Mark3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grabber wrote:
Am I the only one who is curious what car came in place of your Shogun?

No, i am too  Very Happy

peteinchad wrote:
but it is reliable, good on fuel and cheap to tax and insure.

Reliability has its own set of costs, street cred being one of them  Smile  that said i understand completely, we're currently using a bland silver Fiesta 1.6tdci ECOnetic as a run around, it drinks no fuel, road road tax is £0 but very often if its left in a car park its so bland on our return we cant find it for ages  Sad
Grabber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
Nissan Juke for me - on a lease so I pay a fixed amount each month and get yearly services included, free breakdown cover, parts and labour guarantee. Then after four years I get a new car.

Not a particularly interesting car but it is reliable, good on fuel and cheap to tax and insure.

Not the most exciting, but absolutely not the most boring modern car either!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: