Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Hose warmer/Webasto/Eberspächer/Pyromax 4M40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnutron

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:14    Post subject: Hose warmer/Webasto/Eberspächer/Pyromax 4M40 Reply with quote

Hi all! Been searching and reading up on warmers, it's cold out here and I have decided to add some heat to my '98 Pajero. Just wondering about your experience regarding coolant hose warmers with pump for the 4M40? Tons of options, but mounting location is my trouble. Should be mounted pretty low in the cooling system and space is sort of limited around the hoses imo. On the other hand, they sold these cars with a webasto as an option, and in the mounting instructions it was mounted pretty high (battery location), so as long as a good bleeding is done I don't see any problems with high mounting. Thoughts?

And speaking of Webasto, all I have found online was instructions for a Thermo Top C, and for single battery cars. So I have my second battery in this place. Anyone here have other manuals? For double battery config.? Or good places to mount one from experience?

Also, are there better/worse solutions regarding brand? I know webasto is not so DIY friendly, will need diagnostic equipment etc. when servicing/error fixing. Is it so that i.e. Eber or Pyromax is more user friendly in that manner? And what about the cheaper chinese knock offs? Thanks for any inputs!

And yes, I want both electrical and diesel heating options for both home and work/fieldtrips Smile
Best regards!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted a couple of the Chinese units and they are pretty effective and to date, have been pretty reliable.
Magnutron

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, are they the Eloc/Beloc black plastic types or metal types? How many Watts? And on which hose did you mount them?
Magnutron

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnutron wrote:
Great, are they the Eloc/Beloc black plastic types or metal types? How many Watts? And on which hose did you mount them?

Assuming it is the hose warmers we're talking about?
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the VW touareg webasto out for ideas. Has its own exhaust and situated on the passenger side(just behind wheel). Maybe even find one and fit on to the paj
Magnutron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks venn (venn means friend in norwegian, hehe)

Seems the Touareg also uses the Thermo Top C, among others. Smart location, should be good space behind those Pajero fenders I guess. Getting a low mounting. Bad for servicing though. I'm considering a front mount also, between radiator and bumper, even lower, but longer hoses..
Magnutron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a 2kw heater with pump from China yesterday, hopefully it will arrive before summer ☺️
Excited to see if it will be sufficient for the big engine, I considered the 3kw but as I'm also using a cabin heater I don't want to blow the fuse.

Hopefully there will be space enough to mount the thing, using some extra hoses. Will try to share when done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: