QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Heater actuator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fredy

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 19:57    Post subject: Heater actuator Reply with quote

Sorry guys me again, quick question for the professionals out there, with my 2005 beast, she is blowing warmer air on one side (passenger) than the drivers, however a friend has informed me that there is a heater actuator that could be the cause to all my issues, firstly where the hell is it located looked through manual no joy and could it be the cause of all my issues on heating, again many thanks, hopefully I will stop pecking peoples heads when I get it sorted, appreciate all the help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 19:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

davidb59

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fredy
Did you manage to sort your heater problem. i have the very same problem IE sort of warm air N/S and cold air O/S Any pointers would be very helpful and much appreciated
Thanks
davidb59

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 23:03    Post subject: heater cold o/s only Reply with quote

Hi
Had problems with the heater blowing cold on O/S
To  sort this

Changed Rad cap
Changed thermostat
Rad / system flushed with cleaner
Disconnected heater matrix  bulkhead rubber connection pipes ( not very easy job ) Ing on, heater set to high, flushed matrix with hosepipe both ways for 10mins each way
Now heater works both sides but is not very hot but i think this is because the 3.2 (DID) engines do not run very hot (stat set at 76.5 )
However this is a vast improvement  to what it was
Going to flush the system once again and see what happens
PS checked the heater valve lever on the side of heater unit ( you can hear it working and feel it working if you put your hand up the side heater unit O/S about half way up, watch your fingers the motor is powerful )
Hope this post is of help
davidb59

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per my last post, heater started to get cooler after a short amount of time once again !!!
Disconnected heater matrix pipes again and filled the matrix with ZEP Cleaner and left over night
Flushed next day with hose pipe ,compressed air and power washer, and was shocked at the amount of what looked like sand and other bits of brown stuff that was collected in a bucket ( filling matrix with water and blowing out with compressed air seemed work best)
Heater now works much better but still not red hot as it is in my Ford Ranger ??
Fredy

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sorry for delay, i flushed system out with the jetwash had some muck come out, snapped a bolt in the thermostat housing got that sorted, i get warm air not hot. I got hotter before, had it on rampa left it running for over an hour, let it cool opened rad cap took it for a drive still the same, just warm air
davidb59

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Freddy
It has to be the heater matrix that is partly blocked, the flow and return pipes on the bulkhead going to the matrix are very hot but the output from the heater is warm but not hot !!
There is not a heater control valve on the matrix itself (ie controlling the coolant flow) the temp is regulated by a motorized flap in the heater unit! i have checked this and it is working in accordance with the heater temp control knob. I am going to keep flushing the heater matrix and see what happens.
PS may try a stronger cleaner next time ie hydrochloric acid but will test it on alloy first.
Thanks
David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: