Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Wet carpet on passenger side.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manjeep

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan wrote:
Hi
Thats a major job by the sounds of it
You can get at the gromet from the inside of the car and also reach it from the engine bay
Like you I put loads of silicone around it and no more problems

Alan

I tried the inside the cab approach but all i made was a mess! I just could not reach the top of the grommit with any accuracy.  Its only a couple of hours job to whip of the wing. Go mental with a tube of silicone, and then put it all back together.  Razz

Hec
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 21:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mimauk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

To check your door seals - make sure they are dry first, then lightly dust them with talcum powder. Close the door and play a hose pipe over it, leave it to for a minute or two to let the excess water run off or if you have an air line blow the excess water off then open the door and see if there are any water tracks across the seal.

If you have the carpet out, you can dust the footwell with talc and then take it for a drive under the same conditions as when you get water in and see if there are any tracks in the talc or just give it a good soaking all over with a hosepipe.

hth
richardsth

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same problem which is driving me mad. It stinks like a wet dog and I'm tempted to just rip out all the carpets or replace them with rubber.
AQD146

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever had a problem with the 'guttering' on the roof? The watering can test has shown that if i pour water into said 'gutter' the majority ends up coming out through the wheel arch but some, and not alot, ends up in the footwell. Anyone know how to fix this? I assume im gonna have to buy some silicon....
alan

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Sounds as if its coming in via the windscreen seal

Alan
NigelT

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with water collecting in the passenger footwell , took me months to figure out where the water was coming from .Eventually traced the leak to the rear passenger door , water was running between the door card and the metal inner door skin , and because I park on a slight slope , it was running along the plastic carpet capping , dripping down under where the seat belt  reel is fitted , and making its way to the lowest point which was the front passenger footwell .

I also found another small leak where the bonnet  closes onto its seals along the  back edge , the small grommets that hold the ends of the seal down were missing , so water was dripping out of the holes , onto the wiring loom below and finding its way through the bulkhead grommet into the footwells .

Sorted both of these , been dry now for 6 years .

Hope this helps .
AQD146

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

As luck would have it I needed to have my windscreen replaced and once the windscreen had been taken out it uncovered a large hole in the A pillar on the passenger side. The mechanic i was talking to said all the rain, of which weve had a tonne, has been running under an 'unsiliconed' portion of the windscreen and into the hole then down into my footwell. Im crossing my fingers that this simple 'resiliconing' of the new windscreen will sort the problem out. Ill keep you posted if it doesnt.

Thank you to all the Paj 'experts' out there who offered me their great advice.
teyemanon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

john mclean wrote:
do you have roof rails fitted by any chance? i had similar prob on my 2.5,turned out water was getting in via the rail mounting holes,dropped head lining,sealed hole,jobs a good un

Was this an easy job? I ask as I have a 01 Pinin that has water in the footwell and a tide marke where it has come in from the passenger roofrail / bar.

Vehicle maintenance is not my strong suit, so just wondering whether I could do this myself, or take it too a garage (if it's worth it and not too expensive...)
Prerna Tiwari

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you Test for the sunroof is to open it and poor some water into the channel , if it flows freely onto the floor via the drain then all is ok.  If it ends up in your footwell then pipe is bust. boodmo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: