Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Resistor mod on egr 2016- model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busapaul

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 23:19    Post subject: Resistor mod on egr 2016- model Reply with quote

Hi ,
I have a 2016 sg4 ,
Will/does the resistor mod work with this ecu ,
I have read that there is a difference and the 4k7 resistor may not be good
I have read there is a 12k resistor that goes in the blue/black cable and another 12k resistor goes in parallel with the temp sensor

Can anyone help ,

Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 23:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Purple Orchid

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 19:43    Post subject: Egr resistor Reply with quote

There is a good thread on this on the Aussi pajero forum
I’ve got 10k & 12k resistors on order! Previously fitted the 4.7k one, should have checked it’s operation with an obd reader, will try to do this when I get the new resistors, put mine on bullet connectors so they can be changed/removed easily
My trucks a 2017 67 plate swb barbarian, also have a catch can fitted to stop the crud going into the inlet manifold.

Egr resistor mod
Busapaul

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds similar to something I read , but cannot find a schematic any where , I have changed the 4.7k for a 6.8k , so far in current temps egr has not tried to open , but I feel the 2 resistor parallel ‘ series will be more stable with temp change ,

Car is remapped , egr is blanked , catch can is issue ( the one i been sent has 10mm hoses ) , i will not fit is due to it being restrictive waiting for correct one to arrive

Do you have link for that Aussie forum
Purple Orchid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got the OBD connected & checked the 4.7k resistor, EGR commanded was operating up to 30% with some full open spikes.
Changed it to a 12k one ( mine are on male/female bullet connectors so can be removed easily)
EGR now remained on 0%, doesn’t seem to be any codes come up, will see how things go!
Bananah

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 14:26    Post subject: EGR disable Resistor for 2015 > Reply with quote

Hi,
Has anyone concluded which resistor best to use for disabling the EGR on post-2015 (UK) Shoguns?
There seemed to be a 10k ohm and/or 12k ohm resistor which appeared to work but there was also talk of needing to use two in separate wires?
Thanks!
Purple Orchid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

12k resistor in the blue/black wires works, egr operation monitored via obd scanner, sits at 0% all the time.
Bananah

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Purple Orchid,
Thank you for the clarification!   Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: