QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mk3/Gen3 LWB 3.5GDI Lift

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJK93

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 17:35    Post subject: Mk3/Gen3 LWB 3.5GDI Lift Reply with quote

Hi all..
So this is my first post here on the forum.

I've got a 2003, 3.5GDI, Warrior, LWB

I've had my Shogun for around 8 months now and am starting to get into wanting to add some simple modifications, ie: Snorkel, lift, 16" wheels, Nudge Bar..

Anyway, I'm looking at lifting it around 45mm / 2".

I've been flat out on here reading horror stories and different kits, also looking online for different kits.

I cannot post links yet, so here's the description and item number..
I've seen this kit: "Complete Lift Kit 45mm for Mitsubishi PAJERO, MONTERO 3gen +ball joint spacers" Item number: 192836073512
And this kit: "MITSUBISHI PAJERO III / IV 2" suspension lift kit PAJERO 3/4 (1999-06) (2006-18)" Item Number: 264722821170

Has anyone used either of these?

I'm not after pure comfort, or anything, and this is not a daily driver, its a big yolk used to manoeuvre the dog & coal & logs etc, trips to the beach etc etc..

And another final question, how come one kit has ball joint spacers and the other doesn't, and one kit has rear strut spacers and the other doesn't?

Any help / guidance / pictures is highly appreciated![size=18] [/size]
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 17:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn’t use a spacer kit. The main issue is the standard spring rating is out for the travel and leverage created by the spacer with a good amount more being compressed on the unladen weight. The shock is also out spec as it will be stretched at the back compared to the standard travel, the piston damping will be reduced as it most likely be at the top of the oil level. The second kit tries to resolve this with the shock spacers but I wouldn’t expect them to last long especially with no bushing.
Either leave it as standard or get a proper suspension kit.  

Before you think about raising the suspension make sure the camber bolts are bushes aren’t seized, which they normally are. With the increased height and the lower arms will create positive camber \ - / which makes it very skittish and dangerous to drive not to mention the bad tyre wear. It’s not a hard job to change the bushes and bolts just time consuming so expensive for a garage to do it.
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably easier to fit larger wheels and tyres Smile  Mine has 18" 265/60/18
iantians

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 14:17    Post subject: Lift Kit Reply with quote

Never tried those. How about installing a suspension lift kit instead?
Craig Robin

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lifting kits have you fitted to your vehicle? I'm browsing through the options on 4wheelonline, but I'm not sure which product is right for my car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: