Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Standard alarm system on a late 90s Mk2 Shogun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levans

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:33    Post subject: Standard alarm system on a late 90s Mk2 Shogun Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the 1998 Shogun came with a Laserline alarm system as standard, or is the one fitted to mine likely to be aftermarket?

It's had some welding done on it so the battery had to be disconnected. On reconnecting the battery the alarm immediately started going off and couldn't be disarmed using the fob. There's what looks like a small round immobiliser contact point on the upper dash, to the right of the instrument cluster and a bloke I know reckons it's used to re-code the fob in exactly this sort of circumstance, but I was never given anything for it by the previous owner.
I did ask him about it before I bought the car and he said it was just for an old immobiliser that was no longer wired up. I took him at his word as it looked similar to an immobiliser I had on an old car and the engine started fine without any need to do anything with it.

I can still drive my Shogun fine but I've had to disconnect the alarm box so it's got no alarm or remote central locking until I get it sorted.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Levans

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone else happens to find themselves in a similar situation, any Laserline alarm fitted to a Mk2 will be aftermarket, and the immobiliser-type thing on the dash is just an alternative to the fob, it's nothing to do with re-coding. In this instance is just so happens that the battery in my fob had dropped below the voltage required to send the RF signal, but was still high enough to light up the LED when you press the button, It was pure coincidence/bad luck that this happened while the car battery had been disconnected and also gave the impression that the fob battery was ok. After fitting a new battery in the fob everything works as normal again.
Davaar

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levans wrote:
In case anyone else happens to find themselves in a similar situation, any Laserline alarm fitted to a Mk2 will be aftermarket, and the immobiliser-type thing on the dash is just an alternative to the fob, it's nothing to do with re-coding. In this instance is just so happens that the battery in my fob had dropped below the voltage required to send the RF signal, but was still high enough to light up the LED when you press the button, It was pure coincidence/bad luck that this happened while the car battery had been disconnected and also gave the impression that the fob battery was ok. After fitting a new battery in the fob everything works as normal again.

Hi ,
Do you know what battery is in the fob , I’m having alarm issues , central locking has stopped too
Levans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if yours is a Laserline 2-button I think it'll be one of these:

https://www.bridgwater-electronics.co.uk/battery-gp23a-p58
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: