QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Where To Get Genuine Mitsubishi Parts ? Head Gaskit / Head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elmonty

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:40    Post subject: Where To Get Genuine Mitsubishi Parts ? Head Gaskit / Head Reply with quote

Hello Everybody

I recently bought a 2003 Shogun Sport 2.5 TD

Got an oil leak, its going into the garage tomorrow, mechanic had a quick look Friday & oil appears to be coming from the top, told me worst case is head gaskit.

I've read that when replacing the head gaskit one should use genuine Mitsubishi parts, can anybody tell me please where to get genuine Mitsubishi parts ? ( Head gaskit )

The Shogun seems to run fine, ticks over lovely, drives nice, but on motorway don't seem to wanna go to fast lol i ussually sit at 60 & thats just to keep out the way of the hgvs, it will go faster but feels like its really guzzling fuel doing so.. is this normal for the Shoguns ?

If its my head gaskit would there likley be any other problems & expenses such as the head ?

Theres ussually a puff of white smoke when starting, it don't smoke when running & seems to run fine, as above re the motorway speed im not sure is normal or possibly something up with it ?

Id like to keep it, already got new wheels & AT tyres ready to go on it, fridge etc.. if it needs any work doing i'd like to be assured im using the best quality parts

Thanks

Floyd
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the correct thickness head gasket is installed. There are several different thicknesses denoted by a number of notches in the gasket itself which allow for manufacturing tolerances. This infers the head needs to be off before knowing which replacement is required unless there's some note on the vehicle or service manual.
2.25diesel

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before having the head removed, first check that it is not the rubber half moon seal at the rear of the valve cover.

These are a common place for the 2.5 Diesel engines to leak oil. An aluminium replacement half moon in also available.

Mine also developed a small drip of oil from the hex fitting where the turbo oil feed pipe connects to the cylinder head. I never managed to sort it out as it seemed that the the intake manifold would have to come off to get a spanner onto the fitting.

Is your vehicle an auto or manual? I had an earlier MK1 Pajero Auto with the 2.5TD engine, which seemed best at around 60mph. Mine would do 70, but would use more fuel as you have seen with yours.
elmonty

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that TJ & Thanks 2.25 Diesel

After watching a vid on youtube yesterday i think it cant be the head gasket, maybe the valve cover gasket but not the head gasket .. hopefully then it may be the rubber half moon seal instead! Ive left spare key with the mechanic but if i get to it before they do i'll take a look

Ok maybe its normal then, some people say they are juice some people say they are not, i guess if u go above 60 they are lol

Anyways thanks for the replies, couldnt figure out how to add a pic, i will post some pics of the it here once its sorted & few mods i will make to it..

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: