Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Gear shifting issue

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evoreact

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone

im having the same problem on my V46, can someone send pictures of the cables?

cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

aakhan

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:07    Post subject: Pajero 2.8 TD 1996 - Location of Overdrive Lockout Switch Reply with quote

Sorry, I know this is an old topic but I think you can help.
My Pajero Exceed 2.8 TD diesel Automatic transmission is behaving in strange way. While driving in “D” occasionally it won’t shift to top gear and RPM exceeds 3000 with speed just under 80KM/H. This happens when Drive mode is selected to “Auto” from the “A/T” switch (near the transmission lever). In “POWER” mode I think behavior is same (I have not tested extensively in POWER mode) but in “HOLD” mode, it is shifting to top gear / Overdrive normally.
When I bought 2 years ago, it was normal. Problem first introduced when after a powered-steering fluid line leakage repair, vehicle was washed by the mechanic. I guessed it was temporary and perhaps water breached into some electrical components and wrings. As the guess was, after vehicle was dried up in two days, problem seemed gone. But since then it triggered few times momentarily for very short time and went off by itself.
Now for two weeks it is permanent. Upon acceleration, in the start, shifting seems quite normal but then speed won’t cross 80KMH and it will not shift to next gear despite further acceleration. In this situation, if I set it to “HOLD” from A/T switch, it will shift to top gear and then O/D normally but as soon as I set the A/T switch to “AUTO” it will suddenly shift down the gears.
Two three weeks earlier, I noticed once that while driving on a leveled road (speed approx. 80KMH) for no reasons it shifted up and down again and again momentarily (approx. 4-5 times in 50 seconds) and then became normal.
Last done work” Engine Oil / Air filter Changed. Coolant Thermostat Valve replaced with another used valve. (Transmission fluid is new and was replaced just 1500-2000 km earlier)
Problem appears to me as electrical. Can Overdrive Lockout sensor or its wiring be a problem? Or A/T switch itself? Can you plz help me locate OD lockout sensor and its Blue/White wires?
aakhan

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Si7"]Here's the overdrive lockout sensor arrowed in red, prevents overdrive engaging until engine temperature is up, if this wire has been chewed through your O/D will be disabled :

Sorry, I know this is an old topic but I think you can help.
My Pajero Exceed 2.8 TD diesel Automatic transmission is behaving in strange way. While driving in “D” occasionally it won’t shift to top gear and RPM exceeds 3000 with speed just under 80KM/H. This happens when Drive mode is selected to “Auto” from the “A/T” switch (near the transmission lever). In “POWER” mode I think behavior is same (I have not tested extensively in POWER mode) but in “HOLD” mode, it is shifting to top gear / Overdrive normally.
When I bought 2 years ago, it was normal. Problem first introduced when after a powered-steering fluid line leakage repair, vehicle was washed by the mechanic. I guessed it was temporary and perhaps water breached into some electrical components and wrings. As the guess was, after vehicle was dried up in two days, problem seemed gone. But since then it triggered few times momentarily for very short time and went off by itself.
Now for two weeks it is permanent. Upon acceleration, in the start, shifting seems quite normal but then speed won’t cross 80KMH and it will not shift to next gear despite further acceleration. In this situation, if I set it to “HOLD” from A/T switch, it will shift to top gear and then O/D normally but as soon as I set the A/T switch to “AUTO” it will suddenly shift down the gears.
Two three weeks earlier, I noticed once that while driving on a leveled road (speed approx. 80KMH) for no reasons it shifted up and down again and again momentarily (approx. 4-5 times in 50 seconds) and then became normal.
Last done work” Engine Oil / Air filter Changed. Coolant Thermostat Valve replaced with another used valve. (Transmission fluid is new and was replaced just 1500-2000 km earlier)
Problem appears to me as electrical. Can Overdrive Lockout sensor or its wiring be a problem? Or A/T switch itself? Can you plz help me locate OD lockout sensor and its Blue/White wires?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: