2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

changing injection pump speed sensors 3.2 di-d

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not afford to get it repaired. Mind if the pump is away the fuel filler pipes probably will be too.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 21:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bulldozerfist

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i cant fix it,its astronomical the prices for pumps then dialing it in etc,,shame
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the pump is rebuilt properly it wont need dialed in.it should be done on the test bench, mine was.
I was speaking to a Mitsubishi parts manager today and he said the parts to repair the pumps are becoming scarce now.
That's a shame.
Errola

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2006 diesel Pajero with the 4M41 engine and is having a problem whereby it does'nt cut out or stall, but it does jerk when in reverse or in drive as soon as it gets warm and stationary. It operates normally once cool until it starts warming up after few minutes. What are the possible problems and solutions. Thanks.
leoneil

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERROLA, I have the same problem as yours on my 3.2 did. What have you done to fix yours?
pjmannion

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

geodrome wrote:
When you say throttle body sensor do you mean the one on the top of the pump?

If you mean the part with the big black plug going to it and the feed pipe coming out at the back, then I am afraid that is the rotor head and requires a major rebuild as it has to be set up on the test bench.

Hello
The small black square box at the side of the pump with the lead off it has smoke coming out of it whenever the battery is connected and fuse no. 5 (engine management light) blows. Any idea what's causing this?
3.2 DiD Acv

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 21:43    Post subject: Speedo sensors Reply with quote

Hello all,

This week my 3.2 did 2002 run down when the engine is warm and i slow down to idle speed ,about 800 t/m
Later this week my speedometer fall out. Did these things have something to do with the speed sensors in the fuelpump?
Thank you .

Arno
MADHIGHLANDER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

MADHIGHLANDER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just fitted new fuel pump
4x4 started ok when cold when warmed up didnt have its normal power and was easy stalled and had to turn over 5-10 sec for it to start
dont know if that same problem as u r having
garage changed the same sensors as u have done made no difference so just put new pump on
Mike terra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had an interesting couple of days, my 2006 started missing and cutting out with hard start. NO ENGINE light coming on, eventually I went to the shutoff solenoid on the injector pump and found the tiny spring had totally disintegrated jamming the solenoid. no sooner did we find that problem we had a customer car come in with an identical failure both at about 130000 miles. HAving found my problem my apprentice dislodged the valve lifter arm when replacing the injector pipes. WE started the car to an immediate BANG as valves met piston . NOw looking for some parts . ANyone dismantled a 4m41?
dodhire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just replaced my sensors on pump but it will not start now , it offers but that's it. Help!!! 3.2 did 53 plate
dodhire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 13:53    Post subject: Won't idle ,now not starting Reply with quote

dodhire wrote:
Just replaced my sensors on pump but it will not start now , it offers but that's it. Help!!! 3.2 did 53 plate
Mike terra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:49    Post subject: wire colour code and pin positions Reply with quote

Refers to a RHD 2006 4M41 shogun.

I have had a short on the speed sensor and temp  sensor harness which is part of B36 connector. I cannot see (burnt( the pin positions for SS2 the little I can see looks like Black, Red, and Blue wires, can anyone tell me the position that they go onto the 3 pin sensor connector. I have a good connector without any wires now I need to repair the wires and reconnect.

I have Max Ellerys manual but the colours do not correspond.

Thank you help appreciated.
Mike terra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 13:32    Post subject: wire colour code and pin positions Reply with quote

Refers to a RHD 2006 4M41 shogun.

I have had a short on the speed sensor and temp  sensor harness which is part of B36 connector. I cannot see (burnt( the pin positions for SS2 the little I can see looks like Black, Red, and Blue wires, can anyone tell me the position that they go onto the 3 pin sensor connector. I have a good connector without any wires now I need to repair the wires and reconnect.

I have Max Ellerys manual but the colours do not correspond.

Thank you help appreciated.
bmoseti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really useful guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: