Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

larger front brakes on Mk2 Paj

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robfinger

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 0:11    Post subject: larger front brakes on Mk2 Paj Reply with quote

So I got 16" steel wheels and they leave a ton of room between the wheel itself and the brake caliper. At the same rate I noticed the front brake rotors are actually smaller than the rears - never seen this till now,  every vehicle I've ever worked on has had larger front rotors than the rears. Anyway my point is I clearly got plenty space for some larger front rotors, is there some bolt-on solution that will get me this? Like from a newer generation Paj, or maybe even a different vehicle altogether? Main reason for this is to offset the larger tires I'm running, I like the ground clearance and ride quality of those but obviously they do put more leverage on the small-ish front brakes, would be nice to be able to upside the rotors to get some mechanical advantage back.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 0:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

MudRaiderUS

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakes from a 2001 on up Montero Sport are 315mm, a lot bigger than what you have now. We're a year behind over here, so I believe for you the 2000 on up should be bigger.
robfinger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh excellent, that's exactly what I was looking for. Looked into it, appears it's the 2000-2008 Challenger Sport with the 3.0 V6 gas job that runs those. So the rotors and pads are the easy bit, and it looks like the calipers are also the same for both the 275 abs 315mm rotors, so I'm guessing all I need to change are the caliper bridges/brackets/hangers/mounts? That would be nice as my calipers are only about half a year old, plus I avoid the mess of bleeding new stuff.

Btw nice to see a fellow person from the big country on here  Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: