2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

noisy front wiper in the wind (not moving)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 0:29    Post subject: noisy front wiper in the wind (not moving) Reply with quote

I've have an unusual noise for a while now and i thought it was coming from the front bumper as the metal supports have corroded, but tonight i found it. Driving home the usual sound of something vibrating and for some reason i put the wipers on and the noise stopped. After they came to rest the noise started again! So its the passenger wiper thats the culprit. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Manybe the spring needs replacing but i'll have a better look at the weekend when its light.
The wiper works fine, it moves back and forth and streak free operation it's just when it's stationary it makes the noise.
Any body had this or even better fixed this let me know!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 0:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check and lubricate the wiper spindles as they can whistle, also check and lubricate the wiper arm assemblies as play and flex in them can make them whistle.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not really a whistle it sounds more like a vibrating / grinding noise but i'll give it a try thanks for the advice
radiomike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wiper mechanism on these suffers from several problems, the wheel boxes either wear or seize up and the nylon cups in the operating links wear giving a clonk when the wipers change direction. The cups often wear to the point where the link to the offside wiper jumps off the crank stopping the wiper.
To check it out you will need to remove the wiper arms, the plastic mouldings either side of the grill in front of the windscreen then the grill. You can then access the mechanism and remove it for repair or replacement, I have fitted two complete mechanisms from Mitsubishi in the past as they come complete with everything except the motor. The last one I bought was about £120 but it was a few years ago and with IM now handling the spares side the price may have changed.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike but the noise only comes when there not in use and driving at 40mph and above so don't think it's a problem with the moter linkages as that would affect the operation.
I had a look today compaing both sides, the passenger one seems to have alot less pressure on the windscreen so i think its the spring tensioner in the arm thats going and I think its time to change the blades as well. been looking for wiper arm spoilers to see if that cures the noise.
Thanks for all the advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: