QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

central locking re wire issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheety

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 20:35    Post subject: central locking re wire issue Reply with quote

Hi there, I have hunted round for several hours here and on plain old google  trying to find how I can find a conversion for my 92 drivers door central locking problem (we too here in New Zealand drive on the left so drivers door is RHS in case it matters.)

Started off with I bought a cheap 1992 3.0l LWB that had the drivers window held up with a stick, so I had a 1994 3.5 LWB door floating around, as you do, so I thought I would throw that on. turns out wiring is completely different, the plugs at the door frame were not only different with different wire colours but also the wires in the big plug on the 92 were in the small plug in the 94, so I decided just to swap wiring loom.

All was great until I got to the central locking, the actuators were not only in a different place and mounted differently so I can't swap actuators, but the 92 had only 2 wires going to it and the 94 had 4 wires, the 94 has a white with black stripe, just black, blue with red stripe and blue with white stripe.
I can't exactly remember what the 92 but the actuator has a black wire and a red with white stripe, not sure on the loom side of plug as I put it back together without connecting the central locking thinking it wouldn't matter, but it is a pain especially the back door.

So if I was to rewire the 94 actuator loom with only using the Black and white/black wires, disregarding the blue ones, would this cause any issues like frying relays etc?

any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 20:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: