eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2003 NP LWB weird power window problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheety

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:06    Post subject: 2003 NP LWB weird power window problem Reply with quote

I was cleaning the Tints off my 2003 NP 3.2lt diesel LWB Exceed Pajero, Japan import (very common in New Zealand)
Front passengers window was working fine, up down as usual. finished everything, hot day so I thought I would drop all the windows to keep it cooler. all but front pass window went down.

tried swapping switches with back ones, no, no difference and switch worked in back one ok.
thought must be motor, sweet I have a parts 2001 NM model, use that one, nope, dfferent, has 4 wires to motor, NP has only 2, so different polarity swapping method.

tried front regulator/motor in back door, works fine, goes up and down no problem.
tested wire to motor, as it only has 2, multimeter across terminals, +11.75 up, -11.75 down, so power gettin to there, tried connecting wires from another battery to motor, yup, wire one way, moved up, swap polarity moved down.
connect back in truck, nope, goes up, but not down
splice in wires in to door loom, and connectors to motor to isolate plug, worked going up, but not down, reversed polarity and went down, not up.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why it is not working, I have done everything I can think of to track the fault. There is power getting to motor, in both polarities so wires should be ok, motor works as it should in another door so motor ok, by-passed plug to motor so connector should be ok.

Does any one have any thoughts or have come across this problem before.

Not been a good week for me with trucks electricals, had a central locking issue with swapping a 92 drivers door with a 94 drivers door with actuators being very different with different wiring, plugs and mounting, why does Mitsi do this so much.

anyway any thoughts would be appreciated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: