eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

ABS code 52

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juanfo

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 19:34    Post subject: ABS code 52 Reply with quote

What's up everybody
I own an 06 Mitsubishi Montero v76 with 4m40 engine 260000 km
Vehicle located in Costa Rica imported directly from factory and sold by local authorized Mitsubishi dealer.
Recently the abs light and buzzer turn on at unpredictably. Mostly on cold starts but sometimes also during driving.
If I turn off the engine and pull out the key for a couple of minutes the alarm turns off and does not come back on.
When I purchased the vehicle in 2019 I replaced one front and one rear caliper which were seized.
I bled the system manually without a scanner. Did not push the pistons in as it was not necessary but can't vouch for what a previous owner could have done.
Replaced the accumulator. Obtained new from a sketchy parts store but it had the yellow paint dab and came in a new box so seemed legit.
Like I mentioned recently the abs light and alarm is activated.
Braking performance is not affected.
The master cylinder is mostly dry, no major leakage, just a little moist underneath, no drip. The reservoir is topped up and level does not drop.
I cleaned the abs wheel sensors which were very dirty. I replaced the abs relay with a known good working new relay. Alarm stayed off for a few days but yesterday turned on again on cold start.
I checked for codes with the wire and got an ABS code 52 which would appear to be an electrical issue.
I have not cleaned the abs rings yet but will do asap.
I thought maybe I can get some help here on this site from others with a similar experience.
I already bought a supposedly new master cylinder from the Mitsubishi dealer. It looks like it was removed off another vehicle, the box was tattered and torn, the price was $500, the accumulator on the new one is a cylinder not a sphere.
I would prefer to replace the entire master cylinder unit and be done with it but I read on here that I would need an MUT capable scanner to bleed the master cylinder.

Questions:
Can anyone tell me which scanner I can use to bleed the master cylinder?
Should I also replace the 4 abs sensors?
Is there a way to erase the abs codes without a scanner?

Thank you very much for all the help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 19:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Juanfo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the progress so far.
Replaced the pink brake relay with a known used good one.
ABS light and alarm continue at random cold start. Would usually turn off after shut down and restart but yesterday stayed on for the whole 20 min drive. Then after shut down and engine off for about an hour did not come back on for the 20 min drive home.
Pulled the master cylinder. The input rod that comes from the pedal has a leak. Firewall paint is damaged. Boot was full of brake fluid.
Installed new MC I bought from Mitsubishi dealer. Looks new but the box was not sealed or pristine. Looks like it had been previously manipulated but no surface scoring on screws or mounting surfaces. Looks unused but why would a Mitsu dealer sell me a $2000 MC for $500 seems sketchy but I can return it in a month if it doesn't work and get the money back I hope.
Tonight I will try to bleed the MC using a procedure I found on YT without the special scanner.
If that does not work I have a friend well sort of a friend he tried to hit on my wife when we were really drunk but hey s*** happens. In any case he works at a shop and they have a really good scanner that apparently can scan the freakin' space shuttle.
Juanfo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi once again
Last night installed the new module unit.
Followed bleed procedure. Got pressure in both rear and front right lines.
Front left line has no pressure.
Bracing for purchase of a scan tool the Autel MaxiCheck MX808
Does anyone know if this model scanner can perform the bleed procedure specified in the manual?
Will test drive with hard braking tonight after bat charge and try to bleed again hoping to activate solenoids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: