eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Glow plug control unit odd issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptsg

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 20:19    Post subject: Glow plug control unit odd issues Reply with quote

Hey there.

I have a 94 Pajero 2.8 that have been running with just one glow plug (NGK) since I bought it in January.

I decided to buy a set of those cheap glow plugs for the time being to see how long it will last. It started perfectly the first 2/3 times (I just let the engine run a minute or so), then I took it for a spin and the next day I found the glow plugs were already burned out.

I though the problem was the glow plugs, so I contacted the seller which shipped another new set and the same happen. At this point, I went further on my investigation and found that the glow plug relay stays on with the engine running causing the glow plugs to burn. (Fun fact: The NGK plug have been constantly on for at least one year.)

Anyway, the glow plug relay is working just fine. What I found, and this is the odd part of this issue, is that if I just turn the ignition on, the glow plugs will cycle exactly as it should. They stay on for a couple seconds, then the relay turns off. However, if I cycle the glow plugs and actually start the engine, the glow plugs will stay on and won't turn off. The relay coil wire will stay energized until I pull the wire of the relay.

So I'm thinking I have some sort of issue with the glow plug control unit. Has anyone ever had this happening? I don't really want to bypass the control unit with a manual push button.

I opened the control unit but it seems all good, at least visually.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 20:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good how-to regarding the ECU, hope it helps somewhat ?

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/download.php?id=3931
Luke2000

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kenthepipe"]Here's a good how-to regarding the ECU, hope it helps somewhat ?
Old I know but does anybody know which diodes they are? Mine burned so can't read them.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: