QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

More auto box questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vainparasite

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 22:35    Post subject: More auto box questions Reply with quote

My gearbox doesn't always select 1st when it should even using the  lever pushed over and manually shifting. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Even when setting off it goes off in 2nd. I've noticed the selector light flashes N while in D too.
Has anyone else had a similar issues?

Also will an OBD2 scanner read gearbox faults and if so which are you guys using?

It's a 2005 3.2did automatic lwb.

Thanks Martin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 22:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have previously said there is no problems as it is an adaptive system.
Vainparasite

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
As I have previously said there is no problems as it is an adaptive system.

It may be the case but when it does set off in 2nd it then bumps and jerks when you would think it should have changed. Even on a hill you have to give it loads of gas to get going.
Also if I'm in manual mode it won't go into 1st at a standstill. I haven't even tried on 4wd high or low 🙁.
I did bring it back from Preston today after it's ATF change and it was doing the usual 2nd gear starts until I got to a roundabout and stopped. When I set off again it jerked and momentarily locked the wheels screeching the tyres and I thought that's it, then it drove faultlessly all the way home, engaging 1st every time I stopped and went through the gears seamlesly.
I wonder what happened? I hope it stays like this.
assassin

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

First question is have you selected the centre diff lock by mistake as your symptoms sound similar, and I would suggest getting it onto grass and running through the 4 wheel drive system to ensure it isn't partially seized as they do this through lack of use.
Vainparasite

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
First question is have you selected the centre diff lock by mistake as your symptoms sound similar, and I would suggest getting it onto grass and running through the 4 wheel drive system to ensure it isn't partially seized as they do this through lack of use.

I have selected 4wd high and it engages and disengaged no problems. I could tell it did because of the noise difference. I'm pretty stumped at the moment and think it could be gearbox ECU or a gear shift solenoid/valve but sorting either is beyond me in my present physical state as I can't kneel down or crawl underneath due to waiting for new knees 😂👍
I really love driving the truck when it's working ok, it's miles better when up to temp and engages 1st roughly 8 out of 10 times but cold it's 1 in 10 🙁
Thanks for your help assasin 👍👍👍
assassin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you need to identify the real problem and this begins with isolating the issue and begin at the beginning and check the autobox fluid level and quality using the CORRECT procedure for the level and checking its cherry red in colour.

Next is to move to manual mode and with the vehicle stationary, select 1st as it should select first and stay in it until you tap the selector forwards and if it does this then it is working, but you have to be doing over approx 1400 RPM before you can select a higher gear, if it doesn;t select 1st then the most likely issue is the solonoid selecting 1st.

If it selects then put your seats up and load your vehicle with people, OR, if you have a towbar fitted hitch up a heavy trailer of over 2 tonnes or do both, your objective is to load the engine and system and when you pull away it should select 1st and it is does it is adapting to your driving, if not there is a genuine issue.

If an issue uis still showing then I would suggest the MUTT scanner to check fault codes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: