Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Sat Nav system - Has it lost it's way?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markindevon

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 20:08    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote

Jagrunner wrote:
Hi just to update everyone with this issue.
I managed to obtain a replacement unit from a breakers at a decent price. I plugged in the replacement unit & tested before final fitting and my Sat Nav is now working correctly!! Within a few minutes of turning the ignition on, the satellites had been located and the map was showing the correct location! Problem solved!
I never at the start of the problem suspected the actual unit, as some information was being displayed, albeit the wrong location etc. I wrongly assumed that the unit was not receiving the correct GPS signal. However, I now have a much clearer idea of how the system works and where all the gubbins are located on the Shogun. I also made the fitting of the unit a lot better/neater because it wasn't the best fitting job that I've ever seen!
Had the cost of the unit been too much, I wouldn't have bothered with the system, as it isn't the greatest, but it was bugging me that the system was fitted  and had stopped working. However, it's great to have it working again, however poor the system is compared to more modern units.
Thank you to all of you who helped with suggestions etc. I'm grateful for your help. Very Happy

I realise this is an old post but I have a similar problem.
What unit did you replace, the disc drive?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 20:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: