2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mitsi HF3 / Cobra Alarm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfantasea

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 17:49    Post subject: Mitsi HF3 / Cobra Alarm Reply with quote

HI.  I have a Shogun 3.2 DiD SWB, first registered in 2003.  Last night the alarm sounded at 02:10hrs, much to my annoyance and embarisment.  There is no obvious reason for it sounding so I can only think that either there is a fault or something activated the "passenger compartment protection" sensors.  The alarm is a Mitsi Optimum HF3 SP029742 and was factory fitted, so far as I can tell but I also have Cobra paperwork for a 8185/6/8 alarm, which looks as if it is the same thing.  
So:  is it likely that a spider or similar could activate the sensor(s) and set off the alarm?  This is the first false alarm since I bought the vehicle around 15 years ago.  I have tested to confirm that it, indeed, does sense movement inside tha cab but cannot see the sensors.  Could anyone please tell me where they are?  The instalation leaflet suggests the top corners of the front screen but they are not there.  The alarm module is in the side panel of the drivers footwell (right hand side).  
Does anyone know where I might find the siren>
Thanks in advance
Martyn
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 17:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

redfantasea

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have made some progress.  I found an earlier post on this site by Googling the subject.  It seems that there is a proximity sensor in the roof lining.  I have confirmed a sensitive area close to the forward interior light so I guess that it is close to that.  I also believe that it has a sensitivity control so the light will have to come out and I will see if I can find it.
radiomike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is where they were fitted, not at the factory but in the UK.
Are you sure that a window was not left slightly open or even one of the vents in this hot weather? The sensor will see swirling air from a gust of wind like we would see smoke.
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes mine is in the lining easy to get to too just remove the interior light (2 screws) and you find the unit on the right hand side mine is just loose not fixed to anything just sat there. My alarm goes off when the neighbours get to close to the car but not everytime but im guesing its the same thing as you have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: