QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

LPS/TPS settings checking 2.8 exceed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motherhupit

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 16:46    Post subject: LPS/TPS settings checking 2.8 exceed Reply with quote

Hi have been searching the forum all this morning trying to sort the problem with the autobox on the paj hunting for gears and slipping a bit etc, have checked the kickdown cable and thats fine was too much play in the throttle cable so have done that and not i looks fine,

Right my problem is the LPS/TPS i can only get it to go down as low as 1.4v and as high as 4v, it adjust smoothly thow and if i take it out and turn it by hand it goes from 0v all the way smoothly to 5v, WHAT is this the normal range for a 2.8 paj exceed m reg etc are my readings a lot off etc,

I've looked at these setting http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605150#605150

but am not 100% sure weather they are correct for my car or not as they state for a 2.5 etc.

Cant wait to get this sorted

Cheers SEB
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 16:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

El Ricko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a lot of problems with my 2.8's autobox hunting, in the end i loosened the tps screws and rotated it clockwise untill i felt a little resistance and then re-tightened the screws.

it's like a new car now, od kicks in at 42-5 when hot and needs me to put my foot down before she jumps out of od now

i would mark the original position so you can reset if you dont like the results.

if you turn the tps right to the limit of travel you can make the idle increase, if you do loosen the screws and the idle will fall back
motherhupit

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised I never replied to this post, did what El Ricko suggested and changed the oil and it sorted it, just encase anyone else was having the same issue.
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

motherhupit wrote:
Just realised I never replied to this post, did what El Ricko suggested and changed the oil and it sorted it, just encase anyone else was having the same issue.

Better late than never, thanks for getting back, and as you say this might help someone, 👍
Andy1966

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
mines been doing the same on the motorway it cant make make up its mind which gear it wants ill have to try adjusting the tps and hope that works and it due a gearbox oil change too
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

When mine did that, I loosened the kick down cable which sorted it
Andy1966

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
im going to try and have a look at this weekend hopefully kickdown cable is the first thing to check
NDZ

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickdown adjust worked well for me. My 2.8 wasn't hunting or anything but was changing up too late, especially for towing so I was ready to go through all the permutations with TPS etc but pretty much got it where I wanted with first try on the KD position. Its no longer at factory but shifts when I wanted it to :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: