eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

MK2 3.0 V6 24V NOT STARTING PLEASE HELP!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Starting / running issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AliHos1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 20:28    Post subject: MK2 3.0 V6 24V NOT STARTING PLEASE HELP!! Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum so hello everyone.
im rather new to the shogun as well, im a land rover guy really.
Anyway,
I bought around 2 months ago a one owner 200 mk2 24v 3.0 petrol lwb shogun, great complete car very little rust etc and running with MOT.

used it for around the 2 months faultlessly.
one evening drove home, parked up, with (not issues) i did drive bit more enthusiastically than normal but well within the cars realms etc.

come to turn on next day and cranking but no start, first port of call was the AA, helpful guy but quickly concluded its immobiliser and said it needs t be towed to a garage which they can do at no fee. however got budget to for this car as i also dont know any good garages that could touch it locally really.

Any my own tests:

at the back of the ignition barrel all the outlets go the battery voltage

battery full charged and used jumper so not an issue

fuses all seem okay below steering column and engine bay

fuel pump works and has fuel coming at the inlet pipe

the ignition is a bit odd, i tested few times and dont get anything but then get excellent spark continuously, not sure on that.

it has fuel, fresh fuel

when testing, its cranking, has fuel and spark but cant tell why it doesnt start.

i have tested the crank sensor lead (disconected from the sensor and tested car loom side), it has voltage at the input , ground and it has 4v at the input what would be the input from the crank sensor (not sure if this is correct

any help would be much appreciated
im also really struggling to get proper wirring diagrams and manuals for my model

thank you
Ali
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 20:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you know pretty much what you're doing. I'm not familiar with the Mark 2 ( I have a Mark 3 2003 3.5 GDi). However I'd think they're not too far apart. Does your vehicle have an ignition barrel immobiliser energiser coil (the 'antenna that energises the RFID in the key) ?

Also, can you give us the exact model specification from the plate in the engine bay?

The engine-type designator V*, and the model code - 5 letters starting with LY (e.g. mine is V75W LYXCR6)

Then we can look up the relevant diagrams at :

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/pajero-montero-4375

And lastly, do not assume it is a system fault! A couple months ago my Nissan Primera developed the same fault with the same symptoms. Spent a lot of time, including with a mechanic-friend, investigating it. Eventually I focused on the circuit and wiring diagrams and traced signals from the ignition switch through the looms to the starter motor ... and discovered a spade connector had snapped behind the passenger glove box!

Read: https://www.npoc.co.uk/FORUM/topic81818.html

Photos:

https://iam.tj/photo/Black-Yellow%20wire%20broke%20free.jpg

https://iam.tj/photo/Spade%20Connector%20snapped.jpg
AliHos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Really appreciate you for taking the time to reply to the post. I will got those details for you later on.

“Does your vehicle have an ignition barrel immobiliser energiser coil (the 'antenna that energises the RFID in the key) ? “

I don’t believe it has this but again happy to upload photos of the barrel.

I think it’s something more along the lines of what you has with your Nissan, as it was working near perfect before this so would surprise me if something has become faulty all of a sudden. Would indicate more is a faulty connection or something.

Would love to connect via OBD2 but don’t believe you can actually get a tool for this?

Thank you
Ali
AliHos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Just looking under the bonnet, please see below
V43wgnxbr6 model

6g72 engine
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliHos1 wrote:

V43wgnxbr6 model

I'm really hoping that is a typo, and the feature code is really GNXVR6 !  there is no GNXBR6 listed at:

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/pajero-montero-4375/v43w-10499#year=all

Can you check and confirm please?
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming it is the typo-corrected GNXVR6 then this would seem to be the correct document:

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/pajero-montero-4375/v43w-10499/gnxvr6-164732/lock-cylinder-key-1880313#

There doesn't appear to be an RFID antenna around the ignition switch barrel; if so that makes things much easier.

The fact your vehicle is turning over means the start motor is operating; which was not the case with my Primera.

So you'll need to get hold of the workshop manuals and specifically circuit and wiring diagrams for that Mark 2. I *think* there's some posts on this forum with links to some of the workshop documents but I can never remember where they are. They'll be in a pinned post in one of the headline topics I think.

Is the 3.0 litre engine fuel-injected with a high-pressure rail ? I'm wondering if there's a fault on the injector circuit if so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Starting / running issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: