eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Gerabox in Drive, but seems to change to Neutral ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanderersmelody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:52    Post subject: Gerabox in Drive, but seems to change to Neutral ? Reply with quote

I have a Shogun 3.2 2006 LWB. Last year, i had 3 or 4 instances where the car would be in drive at a junction and I'd go to pull away and it would stall. Literally happened maybe 3 or 4 times in the summer, and then never did it ahgain. Took it to my mechanic - no faults, nothing. The last 6 weeks, its now started to pop in to neurtral. I'll be at a traffic lights, or stationary, the gerbox will show as in Drive, but when I pull away, its as if its in neurtral. I pop it in to neutral, back to drive and its fine. No waring lights and I've kalso just had it serviced. I asked them to change the oil in my gear box but they didn't have time...... Yesterday it did the stall thing again which its not done in almost 9 mnths. Other than that it drives perfectly. No noises or clunking - thoughts?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked your ATF level using the correct method, and is it the correct colour?
wanderersmelody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

The correct colour being....red? I think its black Sad I'm taking it somewhere tomorrow for them to check it properly. Thank you
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its black it is totally shot and needs immediate replacement as the brake bands are breaking down and if its brown the process is beginning and it needs quick replacement sooner rather than later.
Brake bands ironically are made from paper, yes paper and they are absorbant and absorb the ATF which lubricates and cools them and during ATF deterioration they break up which is the burned paper causing the ATF to turn black.
Broreart

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a gerabox in drive, but it seems to change to neutral after about 30 minutes. I am using a 1/8th Gerabox, and my power supply is set at 12v. Any ideas? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: