Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Euro 4 Vs Euro 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yorkshire viking

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:53    Post subject: Euro 4 Vs Euro 6 Reply with quote

Morning all,
This is leaned more on people who have the euro 6, 67 plate LWB if possible I'd like some real world figures regarding mpg, it might sound daft but I want to compair them against my 57 plate.
We don't drive it like idiots and we get about 22mpg, much cheaper tax and TBH its getting old,. Do they have a DPF on this model, am I right in saying they got rid and then brought it back again?.
Only asking as there is a 67 plate close to me that has come on the market.
Just remembered the SG2 model was this only produced for the police/highways as they doesn't seem to be many around and the ones I have seen are all ex police with crazy mileage, what's people thoughts on mileage what is high 100k,150k or even 200k?
Anyway have a nice day all.

Mick.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

radiomike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The date for getting lower tax was post April 1st 2017 so even late 17 plates qualify, I think it is currently £165pa.
All euro 6 models have a dpf and it is a better system than the early ones with a 5th injector rather than injecting on the exhaust stroke.
22mpg sounds low unless you are doing short runs, we have owned all three versions of the mk4 (170, 200, 190 bhp) and typical figures would be 28, 32 and 28 for a swb. The 200 had an open flow dpf which is reflected in the mpg.
SG2 was generally available but not very popular due to a basic specification.
There are plenty of low mileage vehicles out there so have a good look around.
Yorkshire viking

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

radiomike wrote:
The date for getting lower tax was post April 1st 2017 so even late 17 plates qualify, I think it is currently £165pa.
All euro 6 models have a dpf and it is a better system than the early ones with a 5th injector rather than injecting on the exhaust stroke.
22mpg sounds low unless you are doing short runs, we have owned all three versions of the mk4 (170, 200, 190 bhp) and typical figures would be 28, 32 and 28 for a swb. The 200 had an open flow dpf which is reflected in the mpg.
SG2 was generally available but not very popular due to a basic specification.
There are plenty of low mileage vehicles out there so have a good look around.

I am still looking for the SG2, I'm not bothered about the leather interior and all the other stuff as well
That's right the one I've seen is £165, what's an open flow dpf, yer they are short runs unfortunately, I go into Leeds on a Saturday and every forth one I go home on the motorway just to give it a decent run and get the exhaust temp up. Sounds like the dpf is a much better system now.
Thanks for your input.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier systems aren't problematic in themselves and it is owners ignorance which causes the problems unfortunately and a litle correct knowledge goes a long way in maintaining the system; traditionally it was women who were mechanically ignorant and just expected to get in a car and do what they wanted, when they wanted but it seems we have a whole new generation of such people of both sexes now and they are the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: