Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Electric wing mirrors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cymraeg

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 21:56    Post subject: Electric wing mirrors Reply with quote

Ok chaps after some advice. Have been trying to get my leccy mirrors working and have hit a snag.

So bit of back story the mirrors werent working at all. Had no power to the switch but when i pulled it out of the dash and gave it a wiggle it would sort of light up intermittently and so figured it was the usual dry joints.

Found the guide online for repair and the mrs who is a signals trained tech did a marvelous job of resoldering it back together. Really was a work of art. Would have done it myself but she is far more proficent. Im more a lump hammer sort of guy.

So anyway gleefully skipped giggling out to thw truck with my shiney repaired switch to get the *beep* moving.

Nothing dead, wont even light up with a wiggle. So out comes the light pen to check for power at the plug and cant find *beep* all. The only time the light on the pen lights up is with the ignition on and head lights switched on. Switch em off and light goes out. This is the bottom most right hand hole with a green wire goimg into it.

Am i being daft or should there be at least a switched live going to her. My theory being mirrors wont work with ignition off so should have a switched live somewhere?

This probably sounds like im being thick but really scratching at the grwy stuff now.

Has anybofy had similar problems or know where i need to look to rectify
Ive even replaced the mirrors themselves with a known working set.

Apologies for spelling/punctuation but doing this on my phone while drinking vino collapso and have sausage fingers (hence she solders)

Many thabks in advance as always
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 21:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

cymraeg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it helps but checked tje acc fuse as read somewhere this powers the mirrors to. That fuse is ok and acc socket below radio works but ciggy lighter near gear levers does not work.

Not sure if this makes a difference
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuse #5 powers the cigarette lighter and the powered mirrors.  Troubleshooting tip if mirrors don't move and the lighter doesn't work is to check/replace that fuse.
cymraeg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si cheers again went and checked the fuse and it was stuffed. Replaced and the left hand mirror will now fold in out but thats it no other movement elsewhere
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to check if power is going to each terminal of the mirror from this diagram.  If it is, they I guess it's a strip-down and repair of the mirrors or a swap for a known good pair.

PS My driver's side mirror doesn't fold properly. After five years of ownership it's now worked its way up my job list for this year.  Smile
cymraeg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si once again thank you for taking the time to reply. Next on the list is to check wiring from switch to actual mirrors as have no adjustment on either. Not bothered about fold in or out tho must say my pax side does it lovely. Just need that adjustment.

Have had my tame tech check continuity on the switch and all seems fine so next up is wiring from switch socket to doors. If that fails then mirrors apart.

Will keep this posted incase it helps others
dhammika

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there is no movement in both the mirrors I suspect the switch, even though you have re-soldered it.

But anyway, you can check it easily, just remove the mirror part by unscrewing the screw by putting a Philips screwdriver from the bottom hole.

You will find three wires connected to the mirror, take a photo after cleaning the wires to see the wire colors clearly and then remove each wire from the mirror. Get a multi meter and attach one probe to yellow-green wire and other probe to one of the remaining one and operate the switch. If connection is there you should see a +ve voltage and a -ve voltage when you press up/down or left/right buttons, test the other wire as well. Then move on to the other mirror.

This post by me contain links for useful information

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=164329

Keep us updated.
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

The timer relay module can fail (as it has on mine), but as your left mirror is folding that implies the module it working.

It's not unheard of for the motor in the mirror to fail due to corrosion, and another common issue is the nylon gears in the mirror wearing out. Try applying power directly to the mirror connector (use the diagram above to work out which pins), and listen for the motor. After that you might have to strip the mirror itself to see what's going on.

One day I might fix mine, but for the last few years I've just been folding them by hand if I need to.
cymraeg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys cheers for the replies so far have tried your test dhammika and no joy so have a new switch on order and will try that first as partnof the printed board on the old one did look a bit suspect when we were resoldering it....

Cheers all and will keep updated
Hipple

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I want to buy some electric wing Mirrors clicknbuyaustralia com/mirrors/, can any of you tell me where to get the best electric wing mirrors?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: