QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

50 000 mile Service checklist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> MOT / Servicing Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tui

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:11    Post subject: 50 000 mile Service checklist Reply with quote

Hi there all. Some assistance please.  My 2017 SG3, 3.2 L long wheelbase shogun is coming up on 50 000 miles and I went to mitsubishi to arrange it thinking they will be taking the engine cover off and tightening bolts etc. Not so. From what I can gather the service schedule specifies changing engine oil and filters etc, diff oil and coolant but is predominantly a long series of checks e.g. lights, operation of horn, wiper blades all stuff I could do myself however they are looking for nearly £800 to do so.  I asked for a copy of the schedule  with a view to doing it myself but the dealer would not give me one.

So the question is, can anyone direct me to where I might obtain a copy of the 50 000 mile Service schedule or alternatively advise of a competent alternative to mitsubishi in the Inverness area?

Thanks in advance. Tui
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

radiomike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

The service schedule is in your service book and while a 5 year old could carry out half the work you are at the mileage where some major items need attention such as checking the valve clearances, changing the oil in the differentials, changing the brake fluid if it was not done at 4 years etc. The valve clearances alone would take about 1.5 hours as the high pressure fuel pipes have to be removed and then tested for leaks once re-assembled, 10l of quality engine oil would be £100, 4 filters circa £100, labour at circa £100/hr and 20% vat so it easily mounts up.
Tui

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point. Never thought about like that. Still smarts thinking about it though but thank you. I will have a look in my owners manual.  

Cheers.   Very Happy
robertswanson16

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your automobile reaches 50,000 miles, you should replace worn out components like brake pads, put in a new fuel filter, drain the automatic transmission's fuel, and replace the automatic transmission's fuel and filter. Additionally, the catalytic converter, muffler, exhaust system, and suspension elements ought to be examined, and any worn parts ought to be replaced.
Tui

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:19    Post subject: 50000 mile service Reply with quote

Hi there robertswanston16 and thanks for your reply.
Bought all the oils and fluids and filters from milner off road inc diff oils, transfer box etc,etc AND front and rear brake pads and rotors all for about £400 or so and dobe it all myself. Car running great. Will worry about the 75,000 mile issue when I get there.
Tui
reaver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:02    Post subject: @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram ! Reply with quote

https://t.me/pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram
Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> MOT / Servicing Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: