QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2010 unusual fault?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveW-Mk4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 14:34    Post subject: 2010 unusual fault? Reply with quote

Hi,i'm not a new user, been here since 2003 but lost my account! Anyway, I have just got my first common rail. Bought it with a problem. There are no codes, its very smokey at idle and smoke smells of diesel. It wont rev but sounds ok at idle,just lots of unburnt fuel in the exhaust.  The resistance across all four injectors is the same but they are my prime suspect and have gone to feather diesel for testing. Does not sound like SCV to me but im not an expert. I'm currently doing the cam chain and cleaning out the inlet manifold. Do you think i'm on the right track?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 14:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like its in limp modewhich means there is a fault and while not fatal it reduces the engine revs to save the engine.
Dash lights? is the DPF light on and if yes this is a clogged DPF which needs cleaning out and check as somethimes the bulbs blow and the light comes on but with a blown buld it doesn't illumunate.
SteveW-Mk4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runs fine now, i think it was in limp mode. Did the injectors and SCV and its all good.
radiomike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of mileage Steve, I have never had to change either the injectors or SCV on these although I am aware of a problem with the latter. Did you follow the learning procedure for the new SCV or just fit and forget?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: