2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

1996 SWB V6 3500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete66

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 16:34    Post subject: 1996 SWB V6 3500 Reply with quote

Hello all, looking to be pointed in the right direction on this. I am a complete newbie to this site, as I have just imported the 1996 SWB V6 3500 Canvas top from Japan. Its only got 35,000 km on the clock and is in immaculate condition.However....it's REALLY sluggish to accelerate from standing , especially when I put it into 'D'....but not too bad when I pop it down into '2'. Is this a common feature/reality or is there likely to be something wrong? I am not looking for blistering pace, but for a 3500 car it does feel like it should have better pick-up.Generally I am absolutely thrilled though and just wanted to check.
On a separate note, it only came with 1 key - someone told me I could get a new one cut at any decent locksmith. Does this ring true?

Thanks very much in advance for any advice/tips.
Pete
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 16:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since 'D' is "Drive" and should move through and select the most appropriate gear your description could indicate that it isn't doing that - possibly 'stuck' in a higher gear. What RPMs is the engine doing at, say, 20kmh, when in D versus when in  '1' or '2' ? That should give you an indication of what is going on since higher gear equals lower RPM.  It sounds like an issue with the gearbox.
Pete66

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the info....I will give what you suggested a go when I next get to drive it...(I am away at the moment).
dasher

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pete

Is it automatic?

If so move the shifter to L then try to set off. This is first gear so it should set off pretty quick.

Also on the center console there is a switch that says PWR/HOLD. Switch to PWR and PWR should light up on the dash. This will cause the car to change gear at the recline. Don't drive in this mode all the time.

Another thing, the brakes could be binding worth giving them a look too.

Who did you use to import yours?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: