Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2.5td not starting and no check engine light or heating coil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.W.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:02    Post subject: 2.5td not starting and no check engine light or heating coil Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm hoping someone on here has come across this before.
I have a 2006 pajero sport. All of a sudden it will not start. The engine will turn over but it never fires up. I noticed that the coil light does not light up on the dash and the check engine light doesn't either when the ignition is turned on. I opened the fuel line to one of the injectors and there was no fuel there when cranking the engine over. Yet there is plenty of fuel at the filter and the line feeding down to the injector pump.
Given I no longer have a check engine light appearing on the dash nor the coil light when the ignition is turned on I suspected the ECU.
I tried to read off any ECU codes with a diagnostics tool but the tool could not find the ECU on the scan. I then removed the ECU and sent it for testing. The guy testing it could not find any problem with it. I put it back in and still no good.

Has anyone here a pinout diagram for the ECU or suggestions of what I should check next and how to do it?
Would an immobiliser issue cause this?

thanks,
JW.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long shot without more information or experience of this - could a ground terminal fault be causing this?

Can you detect any other failed functions when the key is in Accessory or Ignition positions? Are any dash lights displayed aside from Coil and Check?
J.W.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other dash lights do come on as normal.
The scanner did pick up on the SRS module if I remember correctly.
Where is the most probable location of the earth fault? I'm hoping someone here can provide a ecu pin out for this model so I can start casing down a wire break that could be causing this.

But please keep your suggestions coming in the meantime.

Thanks.
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your idea about the immobiliser needs investigating. It might be worth checking the immobiliser antenna ring around the ignition switch barrel and wires leading from it - it could be something silly like a connector dislodged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: