Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

green flashing lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
destroyityourself

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 14:16    Post subject: green flashing lights Reply with quote

my 2.8 lwb has green flashing lights only when in 2wd. they are all solid green in 4wd. it engages/disengages 2/4wd no problem. the actuator arm is not siezed. there is vacuum in the pipes. ive tried swapping the pipes between solenoids. the stereo head unit has been replaced, i checked since to see if any blue wires were loose. ive tried driving it in 4wd more, switching between 2/4wd. tempted to take a pump on new solenoids or sensor? any helps appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 14:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashing lights means it cannot confirm the selected mode has engaged. As you seem to be aware that could mean anything from a sensor fault to a real problem.  I've replaced the actuator on my 2003 LWB and am pretty familiar with it - can you tell how you verify that 2WD is engaged and working at the wheel (I could never quite figure out how to do that) ?

What I'm getting at is, the default if the actuator is disconnected is 4WD, so to get 2WD the actuator has to "pull" the clutch in the transfer box. Even if you can physically see the actuator arm move inboard (towards centre of vehicle) how can you be sure 4WD is dis-engaged? I suppose one way is the heavier feel to steering?

One idea would be to check the output of the freewheel clutch switch - on mine it is MR953767 (32045 in the schematic at https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/pajero-montero-4375/v75w-10509/lyxcr6-165009/front-axle-freewheel-clutch-1882139#/il-43202999-4807420-4807420  )
destroyityourself

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been driving pajeros that long, you can tell the different in the mud/snow. steering, traction etc etc. its 100% engaging/disengaging from 2/4wd. i just cant suss why the top lights flash in 2wd
destroyityourself

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant edit- ill try test the switch. see what happens. thanks
destroyityourself

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested the solenoids on the inner wing, replaced them. Finally got it fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: