Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

side light bulb change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
christian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 23:27    Post subject: side light bulb change Reply with quote

hi all
this will be an easy one for all you paj pros
how do i get into the side light case. it looks like it pulls off but i dont want to pull it to hard in case it breaks. is there a hidden screw im missing
regards Chris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 23:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi christian , when you lift the bonnet you will see the indicator side lite assy,just on top of it is a small philips screw that secures the unit to the wing,undo this carefully ,then depending on what side you are doing then if its passenger side remove header tank bottle (just lifts out) and poking through the wing will be a metal ring thing pull this and allow it to go trough the hole then hey presto the whole assy falls out the front,well not quite falls but you get my drift lol Laughing should be as simple as that really then to change the bulb just remove the bulb holder from the rear of the unit.
Hope this helps atb marc 8)
christian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 23:36    Post subject: side light Reply with quote

cheers marc
found it akward little f***er aint it
now she is all laser blued up
Mixc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcsparks wrote:
hi christian , when you lift the bonnet you will see the indicator side lite assy,just on top of it is a small philips screw that secures the unit to the wing,undo this carefully ,then depending on what side you are doing then if its passenger side remove header tank bottle (just lifts out) and poking through the wing will be a metal ring thing pull this and allow it to go trough the hole then hey presto the whole assy falls out the front,well not quite falls but you get my drift lol Laughing should be as simple as that really then to change the bulb just remove the bulb holder from the rear of the unit.

Isnt the hole a bit small tried to change one today but too small???
Mixc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to change bulb today but the hole seems too small????????
or am I doing it wrong.
You say remove the screw but the light reflecter will not budge??
Mixc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcsparks wrote:

Why remove the philips screw it dont make sence coz the reflecter unit doesnt move????????
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi matey assuming its a mk2 u have then the instructions above are correct.
Remove the screw,release the spring holding the unit in through th inner wing as described then the whole indicator/side light unit will come out it may need a gentle pull as they locate on a clip type thing,but i can assure u it definately works that way!

\Marc 8)
spence

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcsparks wrote:
Hi matey assuming its a mk2 u have then the instructions above are correct.
Remove the screw,release the spring holding the unit in through th inner wing as described then the whole indicator/side light unit will come out it may need a gentle pull as they locate on a clip type thing,but i can assure u it definately works that way!

\Marc 8)
dont forget it will be stuck in there Rolling Eyes give it a little wiggle it will come out then when refitting it i give the little rubber locating lugs a squirt with wd40 helps it slide in Wink
chrischance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 13:26    Post subject: changing side light bulb. Reply with quote

Just changed the passenger front side lamp bulb.
The duff bulb has 2 elements inside so I assume it was a head lamp bulb -- the inside has turned a creamy white but I don't know what that means (apart from it being duff).
The only replacement I have is a headlamp bulb, so fitted it and all's well.
The retaining spring came off and I found it difficult to get back on so I've left it off because the retaining screw (philips) seems to be enough to hold it in place -- Any thoughts on that? Also, any thoughts on the use of a double element bulb?
I will get a mitsu bulb next time I see a dealer.
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a Mark 2 Pajero, the sidelight/cornering light bulb is a normal 5W/21W stop/tail light bulb. Available from any petrol station or car shop for about £1.50.
chrischance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, rich. I'll get one later today while I'm still in the mood.
Best,
Chris.
TimFrance

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marksparks - Save me a lot of work Smile   (did 1st side via the wheelarch, 2nd the easy way like you described)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: