Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

pajero sport auto transmission not shifting into gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hedne

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 16:20    Post subject: pajero sport auto transmission not shifting into gear Reply with quote

I have been an owner of my MITSUBISHI PAJERO SPORT (K90) 3.0 V6 (K96W) 2003 170Hk since 2008

I messed up last week when I was driving and accidentally shifted the gear from L straight to R. the reverse didnt kick in and i quickly pulled the lever to D when i saw my mistake. The car was running okej for a few days though.

Now this morning when trying to run the car dont kick into any gear. Going from P to D it sounds like it is making an effort, revving a little bit but not engaging the gear. Sometimes I can get gear 2 in and also Reverse in. it then drives for a few seconds and jumps out into idle again and stops working.

Would i have to change the gearbox or anyone have any advice would be welcome...!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 16:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done some basic checks like transmission oil level and condition, leaks, and so on?
hedne

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is no leak. I changed the oil around 7 years ago and filled it up to right level. It is still the same level as it was then and have been working these years..

i have been towing the caravan often lately, can that have had an impact on the transmission?
hedne

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry I checked more closely now and it seems like there is a leak somewhere. The level is lower than before and there are some fluid on the engine floor..

Anyone have any advice what part is most likely to have started leaking..?
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually the steel pipes from the transmission to the oil cooler.

They run from the gearbox to the front steel pipes and have a short rubber pipe connection, the front pipes are awkward and run across the front crossmember and exit on the front nearside and have short rubber connections to the cooler.
hedne

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, great, it looks like that is exactly where the leak is.
hopefully it will be an easier fix than first expected then..Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: