Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Fertan Rust Converter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GCMS2012

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 22:38    Post subject: Fertan Rust Converter? Reply with quote

Anyone have experience of using 'Fertan Rust Converter'....???

Discovered it after flicking around YouTube of all places, and watching a guy deal with some rust (in a gas locker) on a narrow boat....

Seems like decent stuff, AND comes in a decent sized bottle...

Not like the ones I've seen in motor factor shops, where their sized bottles would barely cover a postage stamp....  Evil or Very Mad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 22:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use this stuff,it was made by a green oval enthuiast and we all know how those things rust...this stuff

as for main stream stuff i have used loads over the years,from jenolite to hamerite and it,s all watered down *beep* to what it used to be,but i have had good results with metal morphis,mainly on areas that are hard to deal with....but the best way is to cut it out and weld fresh in,just awkward if it,s a shaped piece your working on Wink
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of rust converters are based on either phosphoric acid or tannic acid, or a mixture of the two.

The only difference between most of them is the concentration of the active ingredients and whether stuff has been added to make it easier to apply.

I like the gel version of Jenolite because it stays put on the rust and doesn't run down your arm.

Recently I have started using Dinitrol RC900 HERE - because it comes in an aerosol and is easy to apply to large areas.
GCMS2012

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Hope' to tackle the rear wheel arches when the warmer weather comes, so have been looking for 'options' on how to get on top of the rust, instead of just painting over it as the previous owner - or the garage did just that...  Evil or Very Mad

We've got a new pressure washer at work too...

And this time, it has a nozzle attachment straight out the trigger handle, and you can vary the pressure on this one, so hopefully I won't need to 'get under' to do any cleaning with a full sized lance etc....
hutchy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like to get one of these would be good for chassis cleaning....link
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always go for the cheaper option Hutchy HERE
hutchy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought you going to say a match and a gallon of petrol Laughing looks a good idea apart from when you watch his video the idiot is using building sand instead of glass beads,but it won,t fit my karcher though.... Wink
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like needle guns - only used one once but it removed rust really well. Not sure the neighbours would like the noise though!
hutchy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate them things,used to use them cleaning concrete of the hopper on my truck,used to make my hands go numb..as for the noise with the ear defenders i used you couldn,t here a bomb go off Wink
FEFE33

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 12:44    Post subject: Fertan Rust Converter? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Recently, I came across two promising products for treating rust:  rust converter from corten and Fertan . However, I'm facing a dilemma in choosing between these two products to treat rust on my metal objects.

I would greatly appreciate your experiences and advice to make the best choice. If you have used either of these products, could you please share your impressions? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each product? What level of effectiveness have you observed?

Any information or suggestion will be greatly appreciated to help me make an informed decision.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: